Chapter 39 (New Destination)

Todoroki's POV:

"Mh... was... Dabi right?" Y/N exhaled, her words barely audible.

What? My heart begun to thud in my chest. Dabi... right? What was she talking about? What on earth had he said to her?

"O-of course he's not. He's a villain, that man would never tell the truth to anyone." I said whatever I could think to, discouraging her from believing anything he may have said, "What did he even say?"

She opened her mouth to speek but got choked up on her words slightly. Closing her mouth again, she shook her head.

"J-just shut it!" She suddenly snapped, "I don't have to tell you everything, you know! It's not even important so are we going to keep investigating this place or what?"

I flinched back, a silent gasp being drawn into my lips. I didn't undersand. What had she told her to make her flip out so much?

"Yeah. Ok." I made my tone soft, trying not to be phased by the outburst. I tried to chalk it up to how snappy her attitude gets sometimes but I just couldn't. I couldn't help but feel worried for her this time.

It was like I knew... there was alot that I wouldn't hear about for a long time.

We continued to eat as we walked. It certainly wasn't as simple as sitting down to eat but whatever. Y/N wanted to see the sights so that's what we'd do.

Everywhere we walked over the next hour or so, I started to take more and more notice of people's behaviour.

Since the officer had pointed it out, I was now paying attension to the glairs and hushed comments directed to us by the locals. It was like we weren't welcome here at all, despite the fact that we should at least be tolerated.

"Hey, Y/N... Let's go find Bakugo now..." I lent down a little to mutter in her ear.

"Hm... yeah." She mumbled, nodding slightly.

We turned around, now with an actuall location in mind, and made out way back to the clock tower.

"Katsuki!" She called out to him.

Bakugo was slumped down on a bench, fiddling around with whatever device he's currently working on.

"There you idiots are." He shouted out in reply, scrunching up his face and shoving the stuff in his hands back into his bag.

He stood up, slinging said bag onto his back and walked up to us.

"We where hoping to go check out the room... It's starting to get a little late and we need to go over the game plan." I explained, trying to look like I wasn't uncomfortable in the slightest.

"Yeah, totally. Come on morons, this way." He shrugged us off and started to lead the way.

I wasn't exactly wrong with my reasoning, just a little while longer and it'd be dusk.

"Ok, now don't freak out." Bakugo tutted, leading us into an inn and up it's stair case, "I got us four beds, the only problem is... that it's really two double sized beds so have fun sharing."

"Oh greeeaaaat." Both Y/N and I sighed in unison.

We dumped our stuff onto the floor and we found out both our halves of the map. Holding them next to eachother, we tried to figure out where the third closest one is.

"Ok, so these marks are our two..." She pointed at them, "And... huh... these other two checks have moved since I last saw them."

"Really? Are they closer of further?" I asked.

Looking down at her now, she'd seemed to have relaxed a little more. Her expression seemed more nutural instead of angry and upset. That was a little relieving.

"Well... both. This one's closer and that one's further. Um... do you think there's a reason?"

Bakugo replied with a loud snore, having crashed out already. It was understandable, having not slept for over 50 hours myself, I was feeling pretty tired.

"I'm not sure. We should take the chance though. This key may be the one in villain's possession but it's the best shot we've got."

"It's 50/50 so this one's just easier cuz' it's closer." She nodded, smiling slightly and agreeing.

"Bassically, yeah. We can set out tomorrow."

She hummed a little, "Yeah, fine."

"I... get that you want to look around here more but... well, this is more important." I sighed, feeling like some kind of awful parent for saying that she can't.

"Yeah, I understand... I just feel... a little underwhelmed. I was expecting alot more from the a city."

"Heeey, this is just the city my stupid dad runs. Do you really think he'd make any place he's in charge of fun? Of course not! Trust me, other places are better." I tried to comfort her, over exadurating my tone for emphasis.

"Haha! I guess you're right. Time is still running out so... Let's give it our all tomorrow! We'll make it to... uh... Ah! Lovvelie super quickly!" She laughed, finnally feeling motivated and cheerful.

She put the map halves back in our respective bags while I lay down on the right side of the bed. Afterward, she did the same, laying next to me and making us both instantly uncomfortable...

Suddenly though, she sat up slightly and lent over, kissing me on the cheek. My hole face burnt up and my heart started to flutter.

"H-huh?"

"I haven't been the nicest today. I'm stressed and tired. I'm sorry." She hummed, lying back down.

Without really thinking, I half rolled over and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"I understand. I'm not mad... just wondering if you're ok." I hugged her closely. This time, not because she was cold or on accident but because I wanted to.

"Yeah... I am now.."

"Get a roo... oh nah wait, yoos already in a rwoom..." Bakugo sleep mumbled, rolling onto his side so that he faced away from us.

HERE'S YOUR DAMN FLUFFY CONTENT!

3K READS? OH DAAAAMN! (You just read 1000 words)