Chapter 11 (Earthquake)

3rd person POV:

Y/N silently assessed her situation, biting down on the inside of her cheek to stop herself from freaking out.

Shoto's left arm was holding her firmly against his chest in an almost protective way. Not being able to recall how she got in this prediciment, the only thing she could think to do was try and slip out of his grasp.

She gently wrapped her hand around his forarm and tried to lift it up without disturbing him. Unfortunately, she hadn't moved it more then an inch before his breathing pattern changed.

Shoto's eyes slowly opened, his arm slipping out of Y/N's fingers and rested back down just below her shoulder.

He hummed softly, his grip tightening a little causing Y/N to squeek. His head slowly tilted down, making eye contact with her.

Immediately, both of there faces turned bright red.

"Um... Good morning." Y/N eventually choked up...

They staired at eachother for what felt like hours, their minds trying to comprehend what was going on. They where hugging?! Since when? Why isn't the other one saying anything?

Suddenly in the distance, there came a loud errupting noise. The ground and walls shook a little from the force.

"What the-?!" Y/N shouted as they both lurched away from each other is shock.

Todoroki jumped up, onto his feet and looked around the room worriedly as if he'd be able to see the sorce of the vibration through the thick vines.

Y/N sat down on her knees, not quite sure what to do herself.

"What was that?" She muttered, holding her hand up to her cheek.

"I'm not quite sure. We should go investigate." Shoto replied, grabbing one of his boots from off the floor.

"But what if it's villains or The Nothing?!" Y/N questioned,

"It's morning, the Nothing's nocturnal. Remember?"

Y/N nodded hesitently, putting on a fake brave face and shoving her shoes back on. She snapped her fingers together, re-activating her quirk, causing the vines around them to slowly retract into the ground.

The same thing happened to Espur's den, which startled him a little. He let out a loud whine and Y/N rushed over to comfort him whilst Todoroki cleared the blanket up off the floor.

"We should get going now." He said, pulling Y/N's half of the map out of one of her bags.

His eyebrow furrowed and he bit down on his bottom lip slightly, "On second thought. maby investigating may be a bad idea."

"Why's that?" Y/N asked, slightly worriedly, as she hurriedly loaded Espur up with the bags and saddle.

"We've made it further then I expected, the holding place of the key is only a little while's away. If there's a threat neerby, we should try and secure such a powerful thing before it gets in harm's way."

Y/N nodded hesiently, not fully trusing his judgment. She swung herself up onto her horse's back (With only a little slip this time) and asked Todoroki if he wanted to get on too.

He shook his head and once again, his shoes magically became ice skates.

(You just read 519 words)