Chapter 37 (Uncertainty)

Todoroki's POV:

"She HAS to be round here somewhere!" My eyes darted from building to building as the three of us made our way down the streets of the city's shopping district.

When I say three of us, I mean myself, Bakugo and Silver. All three of us had been searching round the city for 2 days without stop, looking for Y/N.

"I know she does. This stupid tracker Round-face gave me's so useless!" The explosive boy shook around the picture frame- like thing he was holding in his hands.

Uraraka had given us this... 'divine device' to try and track Y/N. Unfortunately, it didn't get more specific then 'she's in Endevour City'.

It was infuriating to have been practically walking round in circles for over 48 hours strait.

We've checked every public area, the gaurdian's pitching in and checking pivate homes. Their search was ultimately futile and they had to give up and leave back to the gaurdian's relm. We where now deffinately alone in the search.

"It's only a matter of time before we find them though. Are you really going to give him the other key?" Bakugo asked, sighing and averting his eyes from the device.

When Y/N was kiddnapped she was still wearing the hair piece key in her hair. From the way Dabi spoke, he knew we had two of the keys but doesn't know that Y/N had one. He probably thinks that I'm in possession of both of them.

I'd just have to hand over her hair pin and the wrench to him and then... All for one and the villains will have three keys. If I accept the terms... we'll have lost to the villains and the world will be at there mercy.

"I can't do that. We'll have to fight... possibly kill Dabi and rescue Y/N that way. Hopefully she'll have annoyed him enough that he'll be greatfull to hand her over... if he hasn't... killed her that is." I muttered, the latter option sending a shiver down the right side of my spine.

"That CAN'T be true. This thing wouldn't be working if she was dead!" Bakugo held up the tracking device sneering at the possibility.

I nodded, looking away from him and focused back on looking out for any suspicious behaviour.

"I sure hope you're right." I sighed, my vision being drawn to the distant bell tower.

It had a few, slightly shorter, towers surrounding it. The 12 am bell should go off any minuet...

3rd person's POV:

Bakugo's eyes where drawn to the tower aswell although, not quiet in the same was as Todoroki's.

He could almost sence that something about it was a miss...

Reaching into his back pack, Bakugo pulled out a small box and carefully opened it up. Inside where special lense covers he'd made for his goggles, ones that allowed him to zoom in on whatever his vision focused on.

Pulling the goggles over his eyes, then fixing the lenses over them, he got a closer look at the bell tower and the surrounding towers around it.

On the tower neerest the boys, which was still a good couple miles away, Katsuki spotted two people emerge from a door. They both stood outside, leaning against the wall. He couldn't quiet make out there faces but more rather, their heights and colours.

The shorter was H/C and F/C while the taller was mostly black but with small hints of purple...

"Icy-hot..." He exclaimed, realising what he was looking at, "I think I found them!"

Y/N's POV: (Yeah, this is jumping around a lot Ik)

As the wind picked up pace slightly, Dabi reached his hand out to me. He still wore that serious, dark expression as I was forced to consider the option he's confronted me with.

There's no way any of what he said was true. Villains... they're EVIL! Stalkers in the night, criminals with blood on their fingertips and destruction in their wake.

"I... can't believe what you're telling me. Non of it... it can't be true. You... all villains are destroyers, criminals! H-how on earth could you... how could you be anything like me?" I spluttered, angry at him for trying to lie.

He gave a frustraited sigh and let his hand fall back down to his side.

"I already told you, 'Villains' are framed for their crimes! The other night, when I showed up at the party, I meerly pretended like I was there to burn the place down. I was out for the keys the hole time but I needed to be scary." He tried explaining himself but none of it convinced me, "If I didn't come across like the terrifying murderer people expect of villains then I wouldn't have been taken seriously. Think about it!"

I did. I thought about it despite feeling sure that I knew what was right or wrong. Honestly, he kinda had a point. I don't think he would've been so intimidating if he hadn't been so high and mighty.

Acctually... looking at things now... he hasn't been like that since we started to really talk. He seems alot more down to earth honestly, less... pushy I suppose. I guess the sudden 'pick a side now' and his style hid that fact for me.

"I... um... f-fine. I'll consider it. But... I won't make a desicion until I get more proof of your claims." I concluded for the time being. It was better to leave it open ended for now. If I didn't, I could be falling into a trap or even my own demise.

Dabi nodded before turning back to face the door. He opened it and I'm guessing was about to tell me to go back down when;

"YOU B*STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!" the voice of my outraged childhood friend came screaming as he practically fell out of the sky.

Landing a hard kick to the back of the villain's head, Katsuki sent him falling down, down, down the loooooong spiral staircase... ouch...

As the sound of Dabi's falling grew feinter and feinter, Todoroki came flying up onto the tower aswell.

"You where right Bakugo, who knew I could practically fly using my fire." He smiled, relived to have found me.

"Hm... what if I got a huge object to fly into space using fire power... Maybe... I'll call it a rocket..." Katsuki muttered, looking up at the sky.

"Wow seriously, you're just going to both ignore me like that? Smooth." I huffed, annoyed at how easily I was neglected.

"Y/N!" They exclaimed, there attensions returning to me,

"Are you safe?" "Did that emo hurt you?" "Are you hungry? I got food!" They both spoke over eachother, their voices full of concern.

"I'm fine, I'm fine! Honestly, he was no match for my annoying impressions!" I laughed a little.

They both sighed in unison with relief, confirming to me that they'd somehow bonded during the time I was gone. From there, Bakugo helped me to remove my hand restraints and Todoroki braved the dungeon to try and rescue my stuff.

He returned shortly, my belongings bundled up in his arms. I was then informed that Dabi had become a pile of pain at the bottom of the stairs and now might be crippled for life.

"Welp, that's one less nucience then!" Katsuki grinned, giving me a thumbs up.

"Haha, y-yep!" But while I agreed with him... I felt a tinge of doubt in my mind. A seedling of pity for the man... Perhaps, I'd believed his words more then I first thought.

There's still no way they're true though... right?

Oh look, I'm not dead! Sorry, I've been trying to get used to online school and it's leaving me alot more stressed out then a normal day... I hope you're all safe and keeping indoors. (You just read 1302 words)