Chapter 9 (Shelter)

He's not showing back up in the story for a while but here's Midoriya! I spent like 4 hours on this and I regret nothing. (Also, I have been informed that I've been spelling his name wrong and I'm sorry) Enjoy the chapter!

Y/N's POV:

From that point on, Todoroki insisted that we walked the rest of the way to the forest. We only had about about 2 miles left anyway.

We made it there in around an hour and the pastel shade of the sky was starting to darken.

"So what's this amazing plan of yours?" He asked as we walked far away from the path.

"We need to find a clearing first then I'll explain." I insisted, pushing a branch aside.

Not even needing to turn around, I could hear it hitting him in the face.

"Oof!" He spluttered.

"Ha! That's what you get for not telling me about the eye patch!" I called back before immediately catching my foot on a tree root and struggling to keep my balance.

"Well that's what you get for yelling at me all the time!" He replied mochingly.

After talking about our personalities for a little while, we've kind of gained a little more understanding of eachother.

He finds it hard to trust anyone so puts up an icy, emotionless front which stops himself from getting too close to anyone. In reality he's pretty relaxed and has alot of jokes to tell.

Todoroki's POV:

Y/N's naturally loud and passive agressive. Apparenly she's only ever met one other person who's like that. She told me that her village hated how she acted and basically forced her to conform to their normalities. That kind of made me sympathise with her a little, but I'm not going to let it show.

She lead the way through the trees and into a pretty large clearing.

Whatever she had in mind for protection better be good or else we're screwed...

"Yep! This should be good!" She said, examining the emerald green grass just below her feet.

She opened one of the pockets on her trousers and bought out a small metal water bottle.

"What exactly are you doing?" I asked as she stated to tip the bottle's contence into her hand

The water spilled over her palm and splattered onto the ground.

"Well, my quirk's a bit of an odd one..." She started, tipping the rest of the water onto the floor.

"Go ahead, I've seen some pretty strange quirks over the years."

She nodded, straitening her posture and clicking her heels together.

Suddenly, she clapped her gloved hands together, sending a small echo through the trees.

The water that'd been dropped on the floor immediately started jumping back up into the air, floating around in small clusters.

"My quirk lets me control any liquid I touch as long as it contains water. I told you this earlier but there's more to it then that." Y/N explained, letting the clear liquid spin around her.

I nodded silently, wondering how this'd protect up during the night.

She carefully navigated the water to hover in a cresent shape, leaving a small gap only just wide enough to fit through.

With a snap of her fingers, the water splashed back down onto the ground.

Suddenly, thick, tangled vines sprouted out from the dirt. They twisted around each other, creating a large-ish dome.... like a forest iigloo...

"Aaand that's my quirk! It's called Rainforest! Mainly because whenever any liquid I manipulate touches back down, it grows into some kind of plant." She grinned but seemed to loose faith in her pride as she explained her ability.

I silently walked up to the vine tent and stuck my head inside; it was pitch black (like your soul Shoto) and Y/N explained that it was completely air tight inside.

"Then how'll we be able to breathe?" I asked as she fished a small lantern out of one of Silver's bags.

"Any plant I grow out of pure water produces oxygen and even plants made with out pure water give off a little O2." She smiled, handing the lamp to me.

"I'm going to make Espur one then I'll make mine ok?" She said,

"Wait, no. If you make too many we'll surely run out of water." I protested, reaching out for her wrist to stop her from walking way.

Our eyes met for a second, as she turned back to look at me with a surprised expression. I could tell my grip on her arm was making her feel cold so i loosed it a little.

"Then... we'll just have to share. It shouldn't be that tight of a squeeze." She answered awkwardly, her face looking uncomfortable.

I let go at that point, not wanting her to get frost bite. I could already see her nose and cheeks turning red from blood flow.

She grabbed hold of her wrist and turned to walk towards Silver.

But then...

I realised I'd grabbed her with my left hand...

Just wanna let you know that I won't have wifi for the next 9 days so I won't be able to update. Lol. (You just read 862 words)