Chapter 19 (The Incident)

Y/N's POV:

I clicked my wrist when I fell of Espur and now I can't hold up my sword properly.

I was now glairing at both of the boys as we all say around a small camp fire out in the middle of a field. Bakugo was secretly still glairing at Todorkoki who was sulking pretty heavily.

"Now then." I started, bringing annother bottle out of a bag, "Are you two going to get along long enough for us all to share a den?"

Todoroki shook his head sorrowfully, still holding his right hand up to the left side of his neck. (His equivilent to a cold pack)

I tiredly looked back at Katsuki who scoffed a little and said that he didn't need protection.

"I'll just friken sleep up against that tree." He said, pointing at a tree around 5 or so meters away.

I rolled my eyes and didn't argue.

Using my quirk once again, I re-created the vine igloos. One for Espur and a slightly bigger one for me and Todoroki.

"You're sharing a tent?" Katsuki cringed.

"Yes, now are you sure you wanna be cold?" I asked, picking up the lantern and putting it inside.

"Whatever." He huffed, pulling a book out of his back pack and leaning against the vines.

"Goood niiiiight." I whined in reply, sealing up the door way.

I turned to look back at Shoto. He'd taken off his bag and shoes but still had that blank yet sad look on his face.

"Sorry." I muttered.

He looked up at me in a slightly confused way.

I told him I was sorry for being so useless all day and insiting on bringing my friend along when I knew he had an attatude problem.

"Why's he always so mean anyway?"

"Well, I suppose he's always been a little arrogant. I haven't really seen him since The Incident so I didn't know that he hadn't changed much." I shrugged, keeping my head low.

His head tilted to the side, "The incident?"

Flaaaasshh baaacckk!!

It was a few weeks after I'd gotten my quirk...

"So... when you mix apple juice with your water it makes apple trees?" He asked curiously, watching me float around a few drops of water.

"Yep. My mum says that when I mix water with other stuff, I make different plants." I giggled.

We were sitting in his back garden on a usual quiet autumn day. It was still pretty warm but the leaves all around us had already turned red and orange.

We were known as 'the loud ones' in the village. We didn't really get along with any other kids but Katsuki never seemed to care. I did kind of want to be friends with everyone but since I was already tagging along with him all the time, they didn't want to get to know me either.

"Soo... could you grow chocolate if you mixed in hot coco?" He asked exitedly,

"Uhh... I don't know."

We both spent that day trying to thing of what I'd grow if I mixed the water with different things. We were having fun, imagining what I'd have to do to make a cookie bush or a candy forest.

Although, I eventually came up with an idea.

"Hey... Kacchan?" I asked,

"Don't call me that, It sounds stupid. And yeah?" He replied,

"Your quirk comes from your sweat right?" I asked,

"Yeeaaahh?"

"What if I mixed that with water?"

Stars lit up in both our eyes. Unable to think of what could happen, we set about finding out ourselves.

We ran around the garden for hours until he'd finnaly sweat enough for me to mix it up with some water (as gross as that sounds).

"Ready?!" I asked.

"HECK YEAH! DO IT!" He shouted eagerly.

Less then 5 minuets later, the flower I'd grown was spitting out fire balls and setting stuff on fire.

The Bakugo family was kicked out of the village the next day and I was grounded for 8 months.

We hadn't seen eachother since.

End of flash back! (Also 3rd person POV:)

From outside, Bakugo could hear Y/N recounting the story to Todoroki.

He smiled a little to himself as he heard the muffled sounds of Y/N laughing.

"I'm gunna keep you safe." He thought, "You don't deserve to be in danger."

Now, the night had fallen completely and he could hear distorted sounds in the distance.

(You just read 742 words)