Chapter 30 (Ughh...)

Y/N's POV:

It was the next day. The day of the ball and the last day Bakugo and I were welcome here.

From the moment I'd woken up, I could've sworn the hole village was right outside the door having a large, unorganised conversation. In other words, it was LOUD!

"Ugh. I suppose it can't get much worse." I instantly jinxed it.

*Knock, knock, knock!*

"Come in." I groaned, forcing myself to look less tired.

Sebrina walked in, holding a basket of clothes.

"Good morning F/N! I have news. It could be taken either good or bad in your opinion." She smiled.

I took silent note of her anxiously furrowed eyebrows and told her to continue.

"Her ladyship has... um... decided to do a dress fitting with you and her daughter. Since you will be attending the ball, her ladyship has decided to loan you one of her old gowns. Eh-hehe." She indicated to the basket in her hands.

"Oh... thoes are all dresses I have to try on?" I cringed overexaduratedly, making my opinion desperately known.

"Yes, appolagies, but I was sent to collect you. The fitting begins in the next ten minuets." She replied.

"Alright. Let me grab my shoes, sling on that dress and... hey were's Katsuki?" I asked, realising that she and I were the only ones left in the room.

"He's already been escourted to the fitting for the boys. He's with the two young lords."

"R-right." I'm sure I'll never get used to Todoroki being reffered to as anything prestigious.

Sebina sat down on a stool, next to a make-up table that I reffused to acknowledge the existance of.

I walked into the bathroom and started to change.

"Hey, Sebrina!" I called out from behind the door,

"Yes miss?"

"I never asked, what's your quirk?"

"Oh! How rude of me! It's known as the vampire mutation. I can spout red, bat like wings and fangs. I am usually able to hide them but I cannot while the moon is full." She explained through the door, "What about you, pray do tell."

I opened the door again and walked out, holding my laundry.

"I can grow plants from any water I touch basically. I can mix the water with any other substance to grow different kinds of plants. Plain water results in vines."

"How lovely!" She commented, Picking up her basket again and walking out of the room by my side.

Sebrina led me to a room on the other side of the building, walking at a quick pace so I wasn't able to take in my surroundings.

To think, when we escape from here tonight, I'll get to see a city for the first time!

"Here we are." The brown haired maid whispered, knocking on annother door.

"Come in!" I heard Shoto's mother instruct us to come in.

The room looked like a fitting room, generic, taking into account all the books I've read mensioning such locations. The walls were wallpapered with murky coloured flowers and extra light was being provided by round, glass devices that Katsuki identified to me as light bulbs.

"Welcome." Fuyumi greeted me, smiling brightly.

Sebrina set down the basket by a short, round podium which was surrounded by tall, silver mirrors. Nodding at me silently, she slipped back out of the room. I was left with Shoto's sister and mother.

I looked over at his mother who wore a slightly serious expression. Suddenly, as soon as we'd made eye contact, she started to look at me in a more friendly manor.

"F/N, I believe I've been quiet rude to you so far. I so apolagise for I am ment to share the same oppinion as my husband. May we start fresh?" She spoke kindly, offering out one of her hands for me to shake.

I took it nervously, shaking it.

"Mother, this is unlike you!" Fuyumi commented, "You haven't shaken annother person's hand in years!"

"Ah, well, I must treat my future daughter in law with respect, yes?"

"Oh, uh, You have the wrong idea!" I stuttered feeling my face heat up,

"Perhaps." She sighed and walked over to a second podium, "I would still like my dear boy to marry that girl for that sweet village. But I also believe to cherrish true love for what it is. If my boy falls for annother girl, I cannot complain."

Following her lead, Fuyumi and I stepped onto the other two podiums as well. As soon as we'd done so, two different maids entered the room.

One had dark skin with messy black hair pulled into a pony-tail. Her eye whites were bright purple and the centers were lilac.

The second had short blonde hair, a section of it falling over her left eye, curling at the bottom. She wore black silk gloves with strange metal rings connected to them.

"Uma, please take care of F/N for now. Find the dress that suits her the best and alter it as you see fit." Rei instructed, "Kirumi, hand me the dress and then get started with my daughter."

Uma took the first dress in the pile. An embroidered, sunflower yellow dress. It looked a little too tight looking in my opinion and it was. I put it on and Uma went to tie it up using the criss-cross strings on the back.

I neery suffocated and the style really didn't look good on me either.

Next was a sleeved, light blue dress. The shoulders were cut off and there was a cut all the way up the left side of the darker blue skirt. It fit snuggly around my hips. Combining the tight fit with the cut made me look to informal so even though I liked the sleeves, it was ultimately a no.

The front of the third dress' skirt was short in length but a second, half opaque skirt fell down to the backs of my ankles. It had off the shoulder sleeves like the last dress and to my luck, was only slightly loose around my waist.

"The skirt is a little short." Rei pondered over it, looking me up and down, "But otherwise perfect. The colour's too simple aswell."

"It is white my lady. With the help of Miss Nora's quirk, we could change the colour of it to your liking" Uma suggested, looking up at the white haired lady hopefully.

"Of course Uma, you may fetch her." She nodded, a small smirk on her lips. It was almost like there was something going on behind the scenes that I was unaware of...

Uma hurriedly left the room, leaving Kirumi as the only assistant left.

As expected, Fuyumi and Rei's dresses already fit them perfectly. It was only me with the issues.

Kirumi left the room after being excused...

"If it was only me with the dress problem then why did you two join in?" I asked, slightly hesitently.

The mother and daughter laughed together a little,

"I was informed about a week ago that my son's suiter had taken away in the night. The letter included a list of things she'd taken and a semi-recent portrait of course." Her lady smiled, "You will be fleeing again with my son tonight I assume Y/N? Neither of thoes other two dresses are entirely suitable for a grand escape but maybe this one is better, yes?"

Stunned, my eyes wide and my eyebrows half-way up my forehead, all I could manage was a small nod...

(You just read 1251 words!)