Chapter 8 (Wood and Ice)

Hai! I've started to draw the characters. I know this first one isn't the best but I'm going to try and get better for the next one. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Y/N's POV:

Soon, the trees around us broke away leaving us to be surrounded by open feilds.

The sky was light blue with fluffy white clouds floating around and the sun was still only just starting to sink.

"It'll be getting dark in a few hours!" Todoroki shouted over the sounds of his ice skates and Espur's hooves drumming the ground.

"Yeah! Come on! The map says that there's a forest about an hour away! We can stop there!" I replied, keeping my squinted E/C eyes on the path ahead.

We continued to race along the dry pathway without a hint of annother person around for miles.

As the breeze rushed through my H/L hair, the wind whistled in my ears, I felt confident in my decisions for once. Like every doubt had been left a mile away and they'd just have to catch up later.

I couldn't tell for sure but I think Shoto felt the same way. When ever I glanced over to check on him, he had a determined yet happy expression.

'God,' I thought, 'Remember Y/N just a couple hours ago you didn't want him around. So what if he disappears now?'

'Well shouty-loud-mouth,' I replied to myself, 'Maby it would be nice to have some company that acctually speaks english.'

'FiNe! But don't you dare go thinking about his opinions. Look at were "thinking about other's opinions" led you last time. This is your fresh start, don't let nothing but that tree up ahead hold you back!'

"Wow thanks brain, for once you're actually being nice to me and- WAIT WHAT TREE?!"

THUD!

As Espur skidded to a hult, I forgot how not to fall off and went flying into the trunk of a fat oak tree.

"Dun worry I'm ok..." I murmered airily as Todoroki stopped right behind me.

"Yeah, sure you are." He said sarcastically, helping me to his feet.

My legs felt a little bit wobbily and my head felt like it was pulsing.

"Oki, maby I'm not so ok." I admitted, having to close my eyes to try and force the drumming feeling in my head to stop.

I heard him sigh and then felt him direct me towards the ground, letting me sit down and lean against the tree.

Todoroki's POV:

She may insist that she can go it alone but maby this'll convince her that she can't. Lord knows how she'll actually hold up in a fight against a No-one, I'm definately going to end up teaching this unprepaired princess how to sword fight.

Now, she had her eyes squeezed shut and was gripping onto her head, breathing heavily and trying to force the pain away.

"You're going to make it worse my pulling on your hair." I said calmly, guiding her hands away.

Now I could see the damage to her face.

There was a little but deep looking cut on the bridge of her nose that was bleeding pretty heavily.

Despite having been a wanderer for a little while now, I'm still not to fond of the sight of blood so I must admit that I cringed at the wound.

Other then that, there was a small bruise forming above her left eyebrow but it wasn't too obvious.

"Huh, you took a pretty hard hit. I'm suprised your hole face isn't recked." I said but immediately realised how insensitive that sounded.

She tried to laugh but burst out coughing instead.

It seemed like she was in too much pain to be able to cry...

I looked down at my right hand... it was the only thing I could think to do. I slowly placed it in the middle of her forhead to which she instantly sighed.

"T-t-thanks." She stuttered, going to wipe her nose.

"Don't touch it!" I warned, shoving my left hand into my pocket to try and find a tissue.

I cleared up the blood and found a small plaster in my other pocket. Strapping it over her cut, I let go of her head and told her she'd be fine.

She slowly opened her eyes again and looked at my face.

"Thank you...maby... maby I do need someone..." She muttered, trying to look away. But something had cault her eye and refused to let it go.

"I'm glad to hear that. I guess I could do with the company." I agreed, shrugging and smiling a little.

"Hey, Todoroki?" She asked, still stairing at my face even as we both stood up,

"Yeah?"

"What's with the giant eye patch?"

(You just read 790 words)