Chapter 7 (Silver/Esper)

Todoroki's POV:

This damn animal got so salty at me a few days ago that he just strait up ditched me and yet here he is again, with a new person to give it food.

And to think, I did everything for you. I kept you happy and fed and all the things but noOo, as soon as you got bored you ran away to find your next human victim.

"Hey eyepatch, ya' done talking yet?" Y/n asked, turning back to look at me.

T'was then that I realized that I'd been talking out loud for the last few minuets.

"No. I'm not done bashing the guilt over Silver's head yet." I replied, glairing at him.

"Who?" She asked,

Silver bowed his head boredly and snorted out of his nose.

"Wait what?!" She shouted as if she understood what that ment.

"No way you're HIS!" Y/N Gasped, looking down at the creature she was riding,

"Deffinatly not! That ungreatful mule ran way from me!" I replied, being overly dramatic.

She gasped a little more and looked at the both of us betrayed.

I laughed a little, trying to turn the mood around but she only huffed and spun herself back around to face the path.

"So, you've been looking after Silver then?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going,

"Yeah but his name is Espur." She said stubbornly,

"No, it's Silver." I replied, my voice still cheery,

"No, It's Espur. He's my horse now so we use my name."

"Well, I had him first so we're using his original name."

As we went back and forth between eachother, the mood went from slightly passive agressive to pretty angry.

Eventually, we were basically shouting "Silver" and "Espur" at eachother, our faces getting redder.

"FINE! LET'S JUST AGREE TO DISSAGREE!" She eventually shrieked, diffusing the hole situation in an instant.

I sighed and closed my eye, pointing my head down slightly and shoving my hands into my pockets.

Even though she can be kind of unpredictable, I've gotta' hand it to her. She destracted herself very qickly. Around 2 minuets later, she'd started smiling to herself an humming a little.

"So were exactly is the first key?" I asked, returning to my more reserved way of talking.

Y/N's POV:

Here he was, back to being all cold and emotionless. Just a second ago he seemed almost like a normal person with the joking and things.

I pulled out the map again, and read aloud the location,

"Ignion."

There was a short silence.

We continued along the path, the trees lining it starting to get thinner.

"If we keep going at this pace we should make it there in two days." He stated, looking over my half of the map.

My heart sunk.

"There aren't any towns on the way there though." I said, "What're we going to do at night? We have no way to protect ourselfs."

He stayed silent...

We both tried to think of a solution but it was clear that we both had no idea what we were going to do. Neither of us had any kind of tent or anything along thoes lines.

I looked around at the scenery, glancing up at the swaying leafs on the trees. That gave me an idea!

"Wait, don't worry. I've got it covered." I grinned, turning around to give him a thumbs up. He nodded in response, still silent and slightly edgy.

I turned back quickly, speeding up ever so slightly which annoyed Todoroki.

'Good.' I thought, 'If he's going to call me weak, I'm going to prove him wrong. No, not just him. Everyone. Everyone who thought I'm some little trinket who can only be annoying sometimes.'

I smiled a little more and as if he knew what I was planning, Espur started to go faster.

"What're you doing?" Todoroki asked, speed walking to try and stay by my side.

"Well you said it'd take us days to get there at that pace. Basic logic, I'm going faster to get there sooner idiot." I laughed while he tried to keep up as Espur slowly gained more and more speed.

Soon, we were sprinting along side eachother. He had to focus on his breathing so shut up whilst I rode on Espur and laughed at his struggle.

Eventually, he either got too tired or just bored.

He jumped up into the air and made a grab for the heel of his shoe. When his foot touched down again however, instead of hearing a soft 'poof' of him hitting the dirt, there came a loud crunch of metal hitting Ice.

I looked down, the road just infront of him had completely frozen over. And as he kept moving forward, the more it froze. I looked behind us to see how far back the ice went but it melted the second he'd rushed past it.

"What the-!" I exclaimed, now wondering how his shoes had turned into ice skates.

Shoto glanced up at me with his one eye and grinned.

I gasped in frustration. So this is how it's going to be?

(You just read 855 words)