Chapter 43 (Return of the Manliest Boi)

Bakugo's POV:

After a looooong amount of kissing, Icyhot and Y/N turned in for the night. I swear if they're doing anything other then sleeping in there then Ima throw hands at that two-toned asshat!

I yawned, rubbing the dust out of one of my eyes. It was really late and despite being tired, I couldn't sleep. The moon was low in the sky and the sun would be rising any time now...

The monsters kept me destracted from the tiredness for a few hours though. There deffinately weren't as many as there were at that stupid mansion but they were still decent opponents. I always wondered where these things come from, honestly.

From 'All for one' I've heard... but who is that? Where are they and how exactly do they make these creatures? What god-level quirk must they posses?

Maybe I'll get answers to that once Y/N completes her quest... if we don't run out of time first.

That time limit both Kirishima and Yaoyorozu mentioned are annother reason to worry. They were so inspesific. When will time 'run out'? Next month? Next week? Tomorrow even?

God there's just too much I have to think about...

Maybe this is why I can't sleep.

Tch how uncool of me! How dare I be destracted with this hole 'worrying about stuff' sh*t?! I haven't cared so much about anything since... well, ever!

I sat down on the grass, leaning up against a tree and whiping the sweat off my forhead. Glancing down at the ground, I staired at the now dead vines.

Y/N... She's stronger then I'd like to admit. As much as I'd like to keep seeing her as that sweet, clueless little girl from the village, I don't think she was ever that to begin with. No sweet little thing could take down tens of hundreds of monsters along side me and then still have the energy to survive a kidnapping. No clueless person would have the guts to run away from an easy life to go and save the world.

She's come a long way... both physically and mentally. But still... I can almost feel that... her true feelings for that burnt up b*stard aren't the only things she's keeping hidden. Ever since she was brought back from that edgy-emo kidnapper, I could almost SMELL a secret resting in the back of her mind.

For once though... I hope I'm wrong.

I'll just... chalk it up to paranoia right now. I'll beg to the gods allmighty that It's just that...

"You called?" My heart skipped as a new voice filled my ears.

I jolted up, my tired eyes widening slightly as I hurriedly looked around to see who it was. There came a quite laugh from right behind me. Glancing around the tree trunk, my eyes met with the bright red ones belonging to a gaurdian.

"K-Kirishima, right?" I muttered, narrowing my eyes slightly.

I was a little annoyed that he'd scared me but then again... some company wasn't such an unwelcome sight.

"Yep! That's me." He smiled, his teeth as spikey as ever.

I turned my head back away and slowly curled my knees up to my chest.

"What're you doing here? I didn't call for nobody." I muttered.

He folded up his wings and sat by my side, the beads of his necklaces clicking together quietly.

"You were begging to the gods though, right? It sounded like you needed help so I thought I'd come and check on you."

I tutted.

"I didn't... WANT you to though! I-it was a figure of speach!"

"Oh..."

Kirishima's shoulders slumped a little, his expression falling. He furrowed his eye brows a little and looked down at the dying vines on the floor. For some reason... seeing that made me feel worse.

"H-hey, cut that out. I'm sick of seeing people being sad today ok?" I rolled my eyes, lightly punching him on the shoulder.

"O-ok!" He sat up straiter again, "Well, if everything's ok then, I'll just go!"

Kirishima started to stand, turning his head away from my direction. For some reason though... I reached out.

"Wait." I grabbed hold of his wrist.

"Just..." I started to talk but my sentence was lost as I looked up as his surprised expression. I couldn't help but find it... cute? Maybe it was just the tiredness...

"J-just because I didn't ask for you here, doesn't mean I..." I realised how stupid I was about to sound. I turned my head away to hide the embarrased look on my face, "D-don't mind the company..."

He slowly sat back down, still keeping that dumb surprised look. I placed my hand over the top of his balled fist, so that he knew I didn't want him to leave yet.

"Um... so is... everything ok then?" He asked, resting his back against the tree.

"Actually... I guess I do have a question." I looked up at the sky getting small glimpses of the stars through the tops of the trees.

Kirishima quietly crossed his legs over and sat patiently to listen to what I had to say. I glanced back over at him before quickly looking away. His hair wasn't standing up like it was last time but instead was kinda... flopped down. Tuffts of hair fell around his ears and eyes. It was deffinately more fluffy then I recall...

He didn't look so tough now but alot... softer. Kinda ironic for what his quirk is...

"So... what will happen once Y/N and Icy-hot take all these key things to where they need to be?" I looked away again.

I had to look away. Because every time I'd look at him it felt like my chest would explode or something... Damn it... how am I THIS incapable of a normal conversation?! How am I THIS much of a weakling?!

"Hm... Well, after the keys are in place then all the gaurdian's that they've met will be summoned. All... uh... 5 of us will arrive and activate the key's magic. The magic will turn all no-ones into dust, All For One and the villains will be lured out and captured aaand... peace will be restored to the night!" He hummed, tapping his chin with his free hand as if he didn't fully know either.

"Peace..." I repeated, "Um, hey, you said that All For One or The Nothing or whatever it's called got stronger, right? Well I ain't seen too many more wild no-ones recently."

"Really?!" Kirishima perked up, his mouth hanging open slightly, "Momo told me that they were everywhere, e-especially around more magical locations like gaurdian temples or vunarable areas like Y/N's village! And you guys are in the middle of no where with 2 magical keys! You gotta be seeing alot of monsters!"

I looked around the area, putting on a blank expression and raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah no... if we WERE seeing alot more monsters then we'd be seeing them right now." I scoffed, a little irritated at his lack of perception, "There haven't been any more then usual, and I should know, I've been fighting them nightly for over 3 years."

He hummed and staired at the floor, thinking.

"That doesn't line up with what I was told at all! I'll ask Midoriya and Uraraka about this..." He muttered to himself.

"Yeah, you do that."

I hesitated to at first but I lifted my hand away from his and folded my arms over. Yet still, he stayed by my side.

YES I DID DO A KIRIBAKU CHAPTER RIGHT AFTER Y/N AND TODOROKI FINALLY GOT TOGETHER, BUT YOU CAN'T STOP ME! ... Sorry, I know this is a sh*tty move on my part, especially since this is at 10K reads now... You have my full permission to be mad. (You just read 1302 words)