Chapter 20 (New Favorite People)

The early morning sun shone down on the group as they walked down the path way. They all tried hard to make up after the argument the night before by asking eachother questions and getting to know eachother better.

Espur, cault in the middle of all this disgusting friendship, started to wish he was away from Shoto again. But what was the point in running away? Sure, Y/N was a little annoying now and again but this new guy.... was pretty cool.

"Damn, I think I need to get more water." Y/N muttered, digging through her bags, attempting to find a mini bottle with water still in it.

"Hope we find a steam or somethin' then. Cuz you three'll be screwed if you don't have anywere to sleep tonight." Bakugo groaned, still feeling a little groggy from the night before.

Y/N thought about it for a second, recounting the day previous.

Y/N's POV:

I wasn't able to fight as much as Todoroki. I can't rely on him to fight while I worry about keeping myself safe so what if...

"Hey Todoroki, what if instead, you teach me how to fight the No-ones?" I asked, looking over at him.

He looked a little confused for a second,

"Why me tech you? Don't you have a better fighter right to your left?" He replied, glancing over at Bakugo and then back at me.

I shook my head.

"Nope! He's waaay too tired from yesterday. He can sleep tonight and we'll defend him! .... If you wanna teach me that is...." I laughed awkwardly.

His eye widened a little and his face turned a little pink.

"O-of course I wanna teach you! I can show you the basic fighting moves before sun-fall and you can practice tonight!" He said, planning what we'd do.

I heard Bakugo yawn and complain about skipping to the interesting bit. Wondering what that was ment to mean, I turned my vision back to the path ahead.

We were now walking along a quiet, stone walkway surrounded by baby birch trees, implying that this road was newer. The sky was a duller shade of blue then normal and clouds filled the horizon. Only a couple more hours and we'd be directly under thoes clouds...

"I hope it doesn't rain." I murmered, feeling my fingertips to see if they were cold.

"It shouldn't. My weathomer says it won't." Katsuki replied.

"You have a weathomer? That tech's still really new and expensive. No factories can get the silver needles thin enough." Todoroki exclaimed.

Bakugo smirked and said "I can!" in a proud tone, pulling a small golden disk out of his back pocket.

It looked almost like a clock. There was 10 different little pictures on it, all desplaying different types of weather. The little silver pin in the center was pointing towards a picture of a sun with a little cloud covering it slightly.

"WOW! That's so cool!" I shouted, a huge grin on my face. I've never seen tech like this!

"Yeah, it is." Todoroki agreed, walking over to Katsuki's side to get a better look.

"Heh, yep. Made it myself. Lemme tell ya', finding all the right parts was the real hard part. Took me 'bout a week to get a big enough quartz." Bakugo smirked, handing the small device over to the exited Shoto.

"I've never seen something like this!" I squeeled.

And then, it suddenly dawned on me.

"WAIT! Katsuki!" I shouted. Both boys turning to look at me, I suddenly realised how dumb I was about to sound. .... But do I really care?

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT A TRAIN'S LIKE?!"

Todoroki looked up at me, bewildered.

"How do you not know what a train's like?!" He asked, handing the weathomer back to Bakugo.

Oh, right. I entirely forgot that stuff like technology was alot less exotic outside the village. I guess I was so cault up in things that it never properly dawned on me...

"So Midoriya's still a tech-less deku of a town huh?" Katsuki replied, narrowing his eyes.

"What's a 'deku'?" Shoto asked,

"It means 'good for nothing'." I chipped in.

Todoroki nodded in understanding and I explained to him that my Fa- the village mayor didn't like the idea of mechanical objects taking away people's 'freedom', whatever that's ment to mean.

"You poor thing, do you even know what a Grammarphone is?" Shoto asked, his eye almost tearfull at the tragic thought.

"Is that.... Um... the thing you talk in to... toooo make your voice louder?" I said with hesitence.

Both boys stifilled weaps of pain at my lack of knowlage.

"Y/N, as soon as we're able to, I'm taking you on a steam train. Trust me, It's the hight of transport and I won't let you miss out on it!" Todoroki promised.

This was so awsome! I can't wait to see more of the world that I've been missing out on... I'm sure it's just as incredible as the amazing people I've met so far! Oh, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO LEARN TO FIGHT TOO!

There's just.... so much to be exited about!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SPEND TIME WITH MY NEW FAVORITE PEOPLE!

(You just read 868 words)