Chapter 29 (Dull atmosphere)

Todoroki's POV:

"SHOTO!!!!" The distant sound of my father's shout broke us out of our trance.

Her hand pulled away from my left cheek and the music suddenly sounded less pretty.

"You should go see what he wants." Y/N said, stepping away from me and looking towards the door.

My heart sunk slightly.

"Yeah, come on then!" I forced a smile, taking hold of her hand and walking out the room.

"Uh." She opened her mouth and made a small sound, as if she was going to protest but instead, she stopped herself from speeking.

"Oh, you wanna hear the music, right?" I stopped in my trackes, letting my grip loosen,

"No, it's fine!" She smiled, shaking her head and tightening her own grip, "It's not fun when I'm all alone."

I felt a smile form on my face again as we walked out of the room.

We found my father in the dinning hall, letting our hands go right before we entered his line of sight.

"You're ment to be at your training." He said coldly, "Go there. Now!"

I sighed quietly and turned to leave the room,

"F/N, you're staying here." He instructed.

She swallowed her breath nervously, nodding at me to go on ahead.

I had no choice but to leave her there, alone with the man I hated most...

Taking my time, I walked over to the training grounds...

"Master Shoto," My instructor bowed like I was a prince, "It's an honor to have you return."

She looked taller since the last time we trained, her two large brown twin tails had frizzed up alot and her black and white butterfly wings had expanded too.

"Miss Nora." I nodded, hiding all emotion.

She took a couple steps closer to me, quickly glancing around to see if anyone was watching,

"Fuyumi let me in on everything. I can get you a map of plausable secret exits by this evening." She whispered, looking me dead in the eye.

"Yes, thank you." I replied, trying hard not to show how greatful I really was.

Nodding again, she told me how exited she was to find out how far I'd come with my combat skills had come in the years I was gone.

We both walked to opposite ends of the training ground, facing eachother.

Holding her hand up in the air, Nora held up five fingers.

"5! 4! 3! 2!..." She left a small gap between 2 and 1, "ONE!"

We jumped towards eachother and a fight broke out. She fought back just fine but I was still able to beat her in less then 10 minuets.

"I win." I said quietly, standing infront of her as she pulled herself off the ground.

"Well played. Go on, we're done for today." She smiled, shaking my hand and nudging me back in the direction of the building.

"See you around." I waived goodbye and re-entered the building through the kitchen door.

'They're already making food for the ball tomorrow' I thought as I ducked through the crowd of bustling chefs and cooks.

To my surprise, people were using their quirks. Mostly to help prepair the food or clean cooking utensils but it still wasn't something I was expecting to see. My father is a big believer in the fact that quirk use isn't for domestic use.

"Master Shoto!" One of the cooks noticed me.

He rushed over to me and handed my a couple pieces of fruit,

"Your guests came in a couple minuets ago asking for something to eat. This is all I can do right now, please give them my appolagies."

"Yes, of course. Thank you Alion." I spoke plainly, walking away and out of the room.

I found Bakugo and Y/N in the library, listening to a different song on the grammar phone.

"What's up Icy-hot?" Bakugo asked, temporarily taking his attention from the spinning disk to me.

"Not much. Got someone else in on the escape plan, she's going to help us." I smiled, handing the fruit over to them.

Y/N's eyes and attension remained on the music the entire time. I'm not too sure she even noticed I was there.

Gently placing my hand on top of her head, I ignored the death glair I was getting for Bakugo and looked at her happily.

I'm glad something so basic was able to make her so happy.

"Y/N, I got you some food." I finally cault her attension.

"Hm? YAY!" She eagerly took something off the plate and started to munch on it.

I laughed to myself a little.

(You just read 767 words)