Chapter 50 (Cheese)

Disclaimer; Not proof read.

Y/N's POV:

"Saving a villain?" A deep voice mumbled from within the shadows at the back of the tent, "You're finally starting to learn... Y/N..."

I gasped, my eyes finally adjusting to the light as I finally made out who it was.

"D-Dabi?" I exhaled, subconciously stepping a little closer, "You're alive?! Oh my stars, I thought you died!"

He let a long sigh...

"I wish I had..."

Slowly, he got up from the rickety wooden stool he'd been slumped in and began to stumble closer with a heavy limp in his right leg.

"I hate to admit it... but I was already frail enough... My skin itself nothing except broken beyond repair... and now... the same pretty much goes for my bones too..." His eyes pierced through the semi-darkness, stairing directly into my own.

"I-I'm... so sorry! I had no idea Bakugo would do that!" I protested, genuinely feeling awful for what had happened.

"Y-Y/N!" Koko tugged at my sleeve and then leaned closer to whisper in my ear, "He's one of the people the arrived with Tomura..."

He is?! Didn't he say that he didn't like killing though? ..... Jeez, I have no idea what to believe about anything any more...

But I suppose it was too late for second guessing now... Dabi was standing directly infront of me...

He glanced at Koko through the side of his eye, making the mouse boy whince. Surprisingly enough, he hugged on to my arm and hid behind my back.

Sorry, HOW is he a villain again? He's more like... an occassionally sassy lost child!

Dabi hummed a little before turning his eyes back to mine.

"You know what I think of this place?" He spoke quietly.

Hesitently, I shook my head.

He lowered his head a little, his eyes half closing.

"I think... this town perfectly describes the true meaning of 'villainy' in the world... I already told you... villains are barely criminals... this place perfectly shows that..."

"W.... what do you mean by that?" I found myself replying, so quietly it was barely a whisper.

"Just... look at this places 'leader' for example..." Dabi looked back over at Koko, prompting me to do the same.

"He's nothing more then a social outcast, he's done nothing else wrong..."

I was surprised to hear Dabi defending someone, let alone saying pretty much exactly what had just been on my mind.

And this... it's cold hard proof, isn't it? ... Proof that what Dabi had told me, back when he had me captured... was....

...

It was all true...

Does that mean that... everything about the no-ones, all for one, the gaurdians... the... death..... that... was true too?

"Y/N.... you understand now, don't you?"

At that exact moment though, Espur came stampeeding through the tent door way, making Koko scream.

My dearest equine stopped just before he accidentally knocked me over but it was clear that he was very agitated.

The sudden shock seemed to snap Koko out of his petrified state as next thing I knew...

"A HORSE?!" He ran up to Espur and hugged him, much to Espurs delight, "I SHALL CALL YOU CHEESE AND WE WILL ESCAPE INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER, NIHIHIHIHIHI!"

"A-actually his name is Es-"

"Cheese?! What kind of a name is that?" Dabi interrupted, walking a little closer and patting Espur on the muzzle, "The name... hm... SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG is much more fitting!"

"CHEESE!"

"SHADOW!"

"CHEESE!"

"SHA-"

"-WTY'S LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD THAT I CAN'T KEEP OUT GOT ME SINGIN' LIKE NANANANA EVERYDAY!" I yelled, to interrupt them for the fighting.

That worked and they both turned to look at me.

I sighed.

"Look, we can all get out of here but we actually... y'know, NEED a plan!"

The two looked from me to eachother, over to Espur and then to me again.

"Ok then..." Dabi lowered his head, muttering a little.

Through the bandages on his face, I could tell that he was somewhat... blushing with embarrassment?

... Jesus, it's because a girl is telling him to do something isn't it? I hate these kinds of people... who think girl's can't do anything...

... Like the people back in my village...

Even the other girls thought they were useless... heck, even my own mother carried that mentality...

How my mind managed to escape from adopting the same mentality... I'll never really know. I'm just thankful that I did...

I rolled my eyes at Dabi's reaction and glanced around the tent, trying to come up with a plan.

My eyes rested on a half-rotted chest of draws, each draw having a lock on it. Looking a little closer, I noticed the draw's key sitting on top of it.

"That's it!" I exclaimed, turning my head back to look at the 3 boys, "I have a plan!"

(You just read 810 words)