Chapter 22 (Sworn to the sword)

Todoroki's POV:

A few hours before dusk, we'd found an abandoned barn house to settle in. Bakugo and Silver had made them selves comfortable inside and Y/N found an old well to re-fill her bottles with.

"Ready to begin?" I asked her, taking note of the sun's possition in the sky.

"Yep!" She smiled, holding her dark sword's handle tightly with both hands.

"First question, do you think it's too heavy?" I asked her, pointing at the weapon.

Y/N gave me a look of confusion and shook her head, asking me why I came to that assumption.

"Well, I've only seen you hold it with both hands, I guessed that it was too heavy for you to hold with just one."

"Ooooh, ok." She replied, letting her indominant hand fall back to her side, "Nope, It's just fine like this!"

"Good, just checking. You can put your other hand back now, you're ment to hold it with both hands." I smiled slightly, realising that everything I'd just spoken to her about was next to pointless.

She huffed and put her hand back on the handle, "So what now?"

I took out one of my survival knifes and heald it out, the blade facing directly towards her.

"I suppose you've already got deffence down so lets work on attack. Go on, see if you can hurt me."

There must've been an emptiness in my voice as I said that because her face immediately turned from a curious innocent to utterly petrified.

"W-what?" She stuttered, her stance loosing any sign of confidence.

"Don't worry so much," I laughed gently, realising I'd messed up, "I'm a trained fighter, you'll be lucky if you can even get me to stumble!"

She nodded and swallowed her fear, taking a step backwards. Y/N set off running towards me, her weapon drawn back, ready to strike.

"She's a little slow." I murmured as the inky black blade was swung in the direction of my head.

Carelessly, I blocked it with my signifficantly smaller knife without even the need to flinch.

"Whaaaaaat?!" She cried, "How did you?!"

"I'm trained, like I said. You've got a ways to go but I'm sure I can get you set up for a No-one fight in a few hours."

I started to nit-pick everything she did in her attack. From her swing to aim I think Y/N started to realise that fighting was alot harder then she was expecting.

About two hours went by and we'd already covered alot of grounds. I think she was ready to try again.

"Alright, I want you to try and attack me again. The dusk is starting to fall and I want you to be rested enough if I decide you're good enough to fight."

She nodded, a shining look of determination in her E/C eyes. Dragging her foot back again, she sprinted towards me.

Once again, she aimed for my head and just like last time, I blocked it with ease.

"Seriously?" I muttered.

"Nope!" She replied, a grin instantly appearing on her face.

She drew back the weapon and quickly swung it round to the other side of my head, tapping me gently with the edge.

"YAAAY! I WIN!" She cheered, dropping the sword and punching the air.

She bounced up and down on her toes shouting 'I win!' over and over again, not paying propper attention to her surroundings.

As she jumped up again, one of her feet got cault on the sword that she so carelessly dropped, tripping her up and having her fall forward.... onto me...

I was able to catch her, yes, but I also got set off balance.

I landed on the grassy ground with a bump, Y/N landing ontop of me whilst giving off a mouse-like squeek.

We looked at eachother, both of us suddenly getting reaaally uncomfortable. I felt my face get warmer again as I tried and failed at dragging my eyes away from her face.

There was still a small mark on it from when she hit her head and her messy hair fell scruffily around her cheeks and shoulders.

"S-sorry about that." She mumbled, her face turning bright pink.

"It's fine." I replied as she sat up and got off me.

I placed my right hand on my forehead, wondering why my arms were getting so shakey. My heart rate had also increased my aloooot, like, there was so much adrenaline that I thought I'd feint. What.... what's going on?

All she did was fall on me so... why am I freaking out so much?

"So, Todoroki," Y/N stuttered, her legs shaking as she tried to stand up, "You... think I can fight now?"

Darn, I'd completely forgotten about that.

"Yeah, you beat me so... I suppose you can take some monsters on. But, only if they're the weaker kind!" I stated, my legs shaking aswell when I tried to stand.

She nodded, almost forcing a smile on her face.

"Yaaaay!" She grinned.

We both tried to continue as if her trip up never happened and after a while we were able to move on. We returned back to the barn were Silver was glaring at me, almost definsively.

Bakugo was still awake, sprawling himself out on a pile of rotting hay and fiddling round with a piece of scrap metal.

"What happened?" He asked, not even looking up at us.

"Uh..." Y/N sqeeked.

"Nothing." I shrugged, waiving my hand around.

"Sure. Whatever." He murmured, sinking further into the hay.

(You just read 921 words)