Chapter 45 (Moron in bandages)

Todoroki's POV:

By the time Y/N and I returned to the campsite, Bakugo was awake... and alone. We decided not to mension what we'd seen, not wanting him to get hissy and deffensive so instead, we ate, packed up and got back on the road.

He seemed to be in a bit of a mood, more so then he usually is. I assumed it was due to how he found himself when he woke up and just ignored it from that point on.

The three of us didn't talk too much, focusing more on getting to our destination faster. Despite that though, we still didn't make it their before sundown. We set up camp for the last time on this leg of the journey, knowing that we'd make it their tomorrow...

???'s POV:

I narrowed my eyes as I approached the tall medical tent. Gently lifting the black tattered fabric used to cover the doorway, I steped inside the candle lit room. There was a large, old rug on the ground with about 4 flimsy bed frames lining the walls. Each bed was empty, aside from one in the back corner.

Walking up to it, sighing quietly at the sight of the idiot completely bound up in bandages. He looked like a discount egyptian mummy for f*ck's sake! F*ck? Um... how is it censored in my internal monalogue?

Whatever.

I staired down at the moron on the bed, watching his eyes move over to look at me.

"So then... all of this," I indicated towards the many, MANY bandages, "And you didn't get a single key off them? You didn't even KILL a single one of them?"

"Killing is against my morals sir..." He managed to croak out, audibly having a hard time existing in the slightest.

I shook my head and closed my eyes, itching my neck.

"Dabi... I know... but it's OUR lives vs theirs! It's either a hole town and even more others OR what one, two ignorant little sh*ts?" I hissed through my teeth.

He sighed, turning his eyes away.

"There was 3 of them... One being my brother."

"H-huh?!" I scoffed, "What? That little one everyone thought died or that quiet ice quirk one?"

"The first one you said..." He stopped to cough, "And all 3 of them qualify as villains to anyone who don't know what they're traveling for."

I rolled my eyes, turning my head away and tapped my foot.

"And they're coming here now? Tch... they'll be here any second..." I thought it over for a minute before waling back out of the tent.

It was coming up to midnight now, most the residents of this place only just waking up still. Already sitting outide, in the middle of the dirt path and trying to inject a tapper into a dead rabbit to harvest it's blood, was Himiko Toga...

"Himiko..." I sighed, walking up to her and looked down at her like the child she chose to act like.

"Hm?!" She looked up at me before a wide toothy smile appeared on her lips, "Ahhh! Hai! How's Dabi doing?"

"Still a moron. Listen, I need your help. Go... finish doing what you're doing with that animal and come find me." 

She nodded cheerfully and turned her attension back to the rabbit. I'd normally question how she'd aquire these things but I have more important things to worry about right now.

Returning to my own tent, I threw open the top draw of my second hand dresser and pulled out the smallish object wrapped up in a dark green rag. I was careful unwrapping it, making sure I didn't break anything.

"The key... the last key they need to kill us all..." I exhaled, my breath slightly shakey.

I won't lie... I was slightly scared of it...

I'll do anything I must do to not let the get their filthy hands on it.

I may not be a murderer or a thief but I am a 'villain'... a 'villain' who does not indend on dying and letting my friends die either.

Still kinda short, I know. I'm sorry, I'm trying to push through the block and keep things going. ^w^ (You just read 702 words)