Chapter 32 (The not-so grand ball)

Y/N's dress before it was colour changed. (Refferences from pintrest)

Y/N's POV:

Katsuki and I wandered round the mansion for a while, trying to figure out where we were ment to be. We found it quickly, two large doors that were open slightly.

From inside we could already hear people chatting away as well as pretty music being played.

"So are we going to head in?" I asked, looking over to Katsuki for his wisdom of the outside world.

"Probably." Annother voice appeared at my side,

"Midoriya!" I smiled, looking over to the gaurdian.

And then it dawned on me,

"Isn't it evening though? Won't the No-ones try to take the village?"

Midoriya sighed, looking down at the ground sorrowfully, "They've been getting too strong. Until you and Todoroki set the world right, all the smaller gaurdians have been put on rest. The elder gaurdian Nighteye has replaced me for now. The same goes for Uraraka, while on the road, you're being watched over by the gaurdians Mirio, Nenaji and Tamaki."

I nodded, feeling sorry for my poor gaurdian. He fought so hard for our home and he's been replaced during the time the village needs protection more then ever. I can only guess that this is a great dishonour to him...

"But it's alright!" He smiled, "I don't mind too much. Anyway, how's your adventure been going?"

He opened the door to the ball room and held it open for me to walk inside first,

"Fun!" I replied before taking in the change of scenery, "Woah..."

High ceiling with beautiful murals painted on it, silver chandeleiers lighting the room. A small orchestra on the far side of the room and tables of snacks lining the right wall. The left wall had multiple doors, linned by red silk curtains, that led out to a balcony which faced the extensive garden.

In the dance floor, a crowd of rich-looking people were talking to eachother in a hoity-toity manor.

"What a drag." Katsuki grumbled through the corner of his mouth.

chuckling at him quietly, I scanned the room from the other two gaurdians or Shoto.

"I don't see anyone we know." I stated, squinting my E/C eyes.

"I'm guessing that all the Todoroki's won't show up for a while, since it's custom for the hosts to arrive later then the guests but I'm not too sure about the other girls." Midoriya replied, fiddling with his fingers anxiously.

"You can fight monsters but you can't deal with a bunch of humans?" Katsuki asked him, slightly mochingly.

Midoriya blushed up a little and slowly nodded, "Also, people aren't ment to know I'm a gaurdian so if you could not mension it please?"

I patted him on the head because I couldn't resist it anymore and nodded. He squeeked in reply.

"So're we just gunna' stand around the door or what?" Bakugo asked, going to shove his hands in his pockets but then remembered that he didn't have any.

Ahh, dear trouser pockets how I miss you...

All three of us slowly shuffled over to the snacks table, making sure not to look anyone in the eyes or bump into anyone.

*Mission failed, we'll get 'em next time*

"Bakugo?" A desperately familiar voice spoke.

My blood ran cold as I hulted in my 'half sneek step' pose, too stunned to turn around and face the speeker.

"Mr and Mrs. L/N? How great to see you!" I heard him say.

I snapped my back up strait and messed round with my hair until it looked like something I'd never wear.

Slowly turning back around, I was bought face to face with both my parents. Silently gulping, I begged not to get instantly recognised.

"Ah, Katsuki. It's been too long.... um... Nevermind you did set my house on fire." My father smiled awkwardly,

"Understandable reaction." Midoriya said quietly, almost glairing at my father for some reason.

"Oh!" My Father cault notice of me and Midoriya, "Who are these.... and... what are you even doing here?"

He sounded slightly insulting at that last part but his tone made him sound like he was giving a compliment. I hate it when he spoke like that.

"This is uh," Katsuki faultered for a second, "F/N FL/N and... Deku."

Midoriya's hand automatically started to facepalm but he was able to realise what he was doing and reajusted his action to a rub on the back of the neck.

"We're friends of one of the Todoroki's." Midoriya explained, closing his eyes and forcing a smile.

"Oh right, honey did you hear the news?" My mother said quietly, taking hold of my fathers arm, "Our dear Y/N's suiter has been found. He should be here tonight."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THE EXACT THING THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR HAS BECOME A SUBJECT!

I've known before, I'm technically engaged but it wasn't until Rei told me yesterday that it was TO SHOTO.

I'd only just calmed down and stopped freaking out about it but nOoOo mum! You just HAD to ruin my run-away life too!

"Um," Katsuki stiffled his laughter with a cough but failed to hide his gigantic smirk, "Pardon?"

My mother seemed to emerge from her introvert shell slightly, looking at Bakugo like a curious little puppy,

"My daughter's engaged to the youngest Todoroki son. He ran away soon after the decision was made three years ago but he was found a few days ago." Suddenly, she seemed to be on the edge of tears, "If only my Y/N hadn't ran away too... Just a week ago. The ceramony could've been had by now."

"K-Kat." I tugged on his sleeve slightly, trying with all my strength to supress my tears of embarrasment and my ugly face of cringe.

My voice had become so high that I sounded like a mouse, "I'll be out on the balcony."

And so, I escaped from not only my parents but from the fact that somewhere is a legal marrage document with both my and Shoto's names on it.

If I ever come within proximity of it, I'm summoning one of thoes explodo flowers and leveling the room entirely.

He may be cuuuuuuutteee and I may like him to some small extent but NO! NO MARRAGE! My life, new life, NO MARRAGE! Anything these people want from me... I'll never give it to them. N-no matter how much I may want it myself, they're never getting it.

(You just read 1073 words)