Chapter 28 (Music to my ears)

Y/N's POV:

I lay down on the bed in the guest room horizontally, my feet up in the air so that Katsuki had some leg room. I was reading one of the books that had been left in the room, it was interesting enough even though it was informing me about a cult in the upper social class.

Such a name to give it too, 'The gaurdian angels' oh how the actual gardian angels that I've met would weep.

Speeking of the gaurdians, I decided to check my half of the map out of curiosity.... and boredom.

There it is, Symphogear, marked down by a black ink 'X'.

But... that was strange. Two light green dots had appeared a little to the right of the 'X'. Did I stain it? I couldn't possibly have... I have nothing of that colour to mark it with... how strange.

My eyes grew heavy as I started to drift to sleep. Two days of soft beds, warm food and the smell of clean clothes.

However, even though I was back in my natural environment, that being a comfortable one, I didn't feel at home. Despite this place having so many nice things, this house was still so empty, devoid of any love. How terrible...

The next day:

I woke up just after dawn. There was no sound coming from beyond the door. Well, there might've been but Bakugo was snoring so I couldn't quite hear much.

"Shu'd up!" I grumbled, nudding him.

Rolling out of bed, I forgot about the hard wood floor and smacked my face on the floor.

AND JUST AS MY NOSE HAD HEALED UP TOO! Ugh, why does oak hate me?

"That was my mistake." I huffed quietly.

Getting back up and rubbing my sore nose, I noticed four short piles of clothes sitting by the door. Two were Katsuki and my regular clothes, cleaned and dried carefully. The other two piles came with a note, telling us to wear them instead of what we usually do.

Damn it, a dress.

White, knee length with matching ballet flats. Disgusting, the litteral deffinition of what I wanted to leave behind.

Going into the bathroom, I got changed and back-combed my hair to make it look like a rat's nest.

"Dear Midoriya save me from this damnation." I murmured, silently opening the door to the bedroom and leaving my friend to sleep.

Walking down the hallway in silence, I made my way down the stairs and started to investigate the large floor.

Ducking down a darkened hallway, my feet padded on the red carpet as I took in the hallway.

Taking hold of a cold doornob of a randomly picked door, It clicked open and I peeped inside.

A library?

Tall towers of dusty books lined the walls. The musty smell hit my nose in an instant, making me feel calm.

Craning my neck slightly to see the top of the shelves, I walked inside and half closed the door behind me.

My eyes re-focused themselves on a small, round table in the far corner of the room. The shelf next to the table had very tall, thin books. I found it slightly strange but what was more facinating was the thing on the table.

It was a box, painted with slightly chipped paint. There was a black circle on the top with a metal arm next to it. There was the top of a trombone sticking out from the back of the box. It was completely rediculous....

"What are you?" I asked it, running my fingers gently along the metal arm.

"You want to listen to something?" A new voice jumped me out of my trance.

"Ah! Todoroki!" I called out to him quietly, drawing my hands away from the strange box and looking over the room at him.

"Haha, here It'd be easier to call me Shoto since four other people have the name Todoroki." He smiled softly, walking closer to me.

"It's a grammar phone, the music playing device we were all talking about the other day." He explained, locking his eyes onto the box.

"Wow! This is what one of thoes looks like?" I asked, stairing down at the circle part of the box, "It's even cooler then I imagined!"

"You act so much like a little kid sometimes." His eyes relaxed as he turned his attension to me, "If you find it so amazing, do you want to hear a song?"

I nodded furiously, explaining to him that I'd only ever seen lives musicians and the odd person singing now and again.

He looked at me with pity and took a couple steps over to the shelf with the thin books.

"These are called sleeves." He explained, pulling out a book only for me to find out that it was just a casing for a large black disk.

He set the disk down on the device and put a needle down on top.

A couple seconds past and then suddenly, the sound of violins and cellos came flooding out the machine.

It cault me off gaurd at first, so much so that I neerly fell backwards.

"Don't worry, I got you." Shoto commented, catching me gently.

"Oh!" I turned my head to look up at him, "T-thank you."

The music played softly, almost sounding a little like it was underwater.

The atmosphere was queit cozy. Surrounded by book, the soft sound playing and... being in his arms.

His face slowly turned pink, signalling that he felt the same.

"Um, Wow this is awkward." He laughed a little, narrowing his eyes in a smile,

"It's only awkward if you make it that way."

I reached up my hand to the side of his head, planning to guide his face closer to mine.

Boom, cliff hanger. You're welcome. (You just read 974 words)