Chapter 13 (Battle Shark)

Suddenly, with thoes words, the dreary cavern was filled with light. Transforming the dark, slightly unnerving, scene to an almost magical one.

The water became crystal blue and the walls looked less jaged.

The figure also became visible. He was slightly shorter then Todoroki but his red hair stood up spikey and tall. His eyes were the same colour as his hair, his right eye having a small scar above it.

He gave a wide grin, showing off bright, shark-like, teeth.

"Wow um... hi." Y/N smiled meakly, waiving her free hand while her dominant one stayed within grabbing reach of her sword.

"Haha! Nice to meet you travelers. I'm guessing you're the ones Midoriya and Uraraka sent, right?" He grinned, placing his hands on his hips.

"AH! So his name's Midoriya, like my village!" Y/N Grinned back, now intreaged by the conversation,

"Yep, First name Izuku but don't say his full name 'till you have to summon him. My first name's Eijiro by the way." Kirishima continued, holding out his hand to Y/N.

She shook it after a slight hesitation, her smile becoming more shy.

"So you're the gaurdian of this temple." Todoroki confirmed, reminding everyone that he was still there.

"Yep! Got the wings and everything." Kirishima cheered.

At that moment, two large dragon like wings sprouted from his exposed back. Each joint had a spike sticking out of it and the small but numerous scales where a deep scarlet.

"So you're both here for my key right? To make sure The Nothing won't rise to power?"

Y/N shrugged a little and Shoto nodded factually, folding his arms.

"Well, I'd be happy to just hand it over- fait of the world and all that- but there's a tradition and I've gotta' keep it goin'." Kiri said, almost sadly.

Shoto nodded again, "We have to prove we're worthy to hold such a powerful item, correct?"

"BINGOO!" The Gaurdian cheered,

He winked his scarred eye and clicked his right fingers, his smile still on his face. A sphere of golden light appeared in the center of the lake.

"The rules are simple!" He cried, placing his hands back on his hips, "All you gotta' do is touch that light! Buuut if you look up,"

Everyone looked up at the large, glowing crystal clusters.

"As long as you're under there light, you're quirks are canceled."

"What?!" Both Y/N and Todoroki shouted in unison,

"Haha, yep! This is a test of raw strength. If you can get past me while I still have my quirk then you'll truely be manly enough to have the key!"

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" Y/N cheered, causing Todoroki to facepalm.

Y/N and Kirishima high fived, sealing the deal.

"We start on the count of 3 got it?" Kiri said, taking his spot by the edge of the lake- roughly 20 meters away.

Y/N readied her sword and nodded, a determind look on her face. Todoroki readied himself too, checking his eye patch was secure and cracking his knuckles.

"THREE!" Kirishima held up is forarms, his expression suddenly becoming slightly sinister,

"TWO!" Something weird started to happen to his skin... it seemed to shape-shift, taking on the texture of the walls around them.

"ONE!" He hit his fists together, letting off a devious grin.

Todoroki launched forward immediately, getting ready to attack the gaurdian.

He drew back his right arm, ready to throw a punch. He leapt up into the air to get the high ground and attacked.

But...

Before his fist even got within arm's length of Kirishima, the gaurdian reached his arm out and grabbed Shoto's wrist.

Swinging Todoroki over his head, Eijiro slammed his opponent to the ground. Dust went flying up around the cave, causing Y/N to loose sight of her ally and target...

She squinted, trying to see through the sandy fog, her heart already pumping adrenaline.

He never said he'd go easy on them...

Sorry that this chapter's a little shorter then usuall... (You just read 663 words)