Chapter 2 (Esper)

Y/N'S POV:

I sat there calmly, resisting the growing urge to get up and be more active. Unfortunately for myself, no one else left in my village felt the need to make everyday unique or special. For years  I've felt trapped in a time loop, where the same morning, evening, night would play over and over again, slowly working away at my subconsious.

Sometimes... I thought about giving up caring about other people's opinions but it doesn't work that way for me.

I don't have any friends so I have a LOT of social awkwardness and anxiety. That's why I try so hard to fit in, stay silent and suppress my need for the exitment that this little village just doesn't give me.

As I sat there, contemplating my prediciment, There came a new noise approaching on the road ahead.

It sounded like... walking? I tried to count the feet... 4.... Yeah.

My eyes shot back open, glairing at the road I was sitting beside. The noise was louder now and sounded more like galloping...

I was filled with a strange sence of wonder. All be it, I was listening out for a horse to start with but this was different to what I was expecting.

It was faster, more frantic as if were being chased. There was deffinately no sound of a cart or carrage which unsettled me even more.

My eyes now too wide to blink, I leapt up and waited for whatever was approaching.

Rounding the corner suddenly and exiting the coverage of the Village's thin tree linings, a mighty grey speckled horse with a dark blue-y mane and tail came bounding up in my direction.

"WOAH!" I cried, despite myself, as it whizzed past me.

The horse galloped strait through to the center of town, me bolting after it. The people milling around screamed and yelped as they jumped away, utterly confused.

It started stampeeding towards the center of the tiny town, kicking up dust high into the air.

Noticing it was about to crashing into the centeral water feature - typical water fountain nothing special - it forced itself to slow down.

I stopped directly behind it before taking a step to my right as to not get kicked.

The tall, uneasy creature fidgetted in it's place, whincing and stamping it's whooves in an agitated manor.

I gently place my dominant hand on it's nose, whispering for it to calm down.

"What brings you here ey?" I muttered to it under my breath, looking down at it's body for any sign of a saddle or collar.

It seemed... to be wild.

"What's going on?" My mother barely whispered, stepping out into our house's door frame, hugging close to it.

The entire village was silent, we where multiple feet away from each other but now everything was so quiet and still, we could hear each other perfectly just by talking at our normal volumes.

"Mother, This horse just ran into the square! I-I think I calmed it down though..." I explained as carefully as possible.

Witnesses to the event that where standing practically pinned up against walls and trees, frantically started nodding in agreement to my statement, their brains still frazzled by the shock.

"Ok. What will happen now?" She asked, shying away into the doorframe slightly,

I thought for a second... this was my chance...

"I think... I should keep it."

Everyone around gasped. Keep?! That wild thing?!

My mother bit her bottom lip.

"There's still alot of room in father's stables," I protested, trying to stay civil, "And it would keep me busy. Plus, what would happen to it if we just let it go? Wild horses travel in groups, this one's all alone!"

She looked down at the ground, everyone around us easing up and waiting expectantly for my mother's reply.

She glanced up to see all eyes on her. Her light silver hair immediatly seemed to stand up a little as nerves washed over her like a waterfall,

"O-o-ok! D-d-do whatever you want just... STOP STARING AT ME!" She whinced before slamming our door shut.

After a few seconds passed, everything returned to the way it was before only now, people where eyeing my and my new horse suspiciously as if I'd some how orchestrated the hole event.

I looked up into it's calmed down black eyes,

"Welcome to your new home I guess... Esper."

(You just read 737 words)