Loki x reader | I Love You

Inspired by: imaginationcamp

Summary: Loki accidentally told you he loves you in a middle of the conversation and then tries to act like nothing happened.

       You were close with Loki. You were a handmaidens child and had spent a lot of time around Loki when you were a kid. You always knew you would be a handmaiden for one of the Prince's and so you spent the majority of your life training for it. Eventually you did become Loki's handmaiden and the two of you grew very close. You were basically bestfriends. It didn't even seem like he was your boss at this point. He was very kind to you and was even teaching you some magic when you both had spare time. It was quite unusual because sometimes he would tell you not to do something for him even though it was your job. Like the time he broke a glass and told you he would clean it up because he didn't want you injuring your hands. You insisted on helping him but he wasn't having it.

      When you moved to walk towards the broken glass he wrapped his arms around your waist to stop you, holding on tight. You laughed as you tried to escape to clean up the broken glass but he wasn't having it. Eventually you stopped struggling. He was a stubborn one. He cleaned the glass but got a little cut on his finger doing so. You made him sit down on a chair as you kneeled on the floor in front of him to clean his finger. He protested and told you he was fine but you still cleaned it. You gave him a stern look and told him he should have let you clean it. He smiled at you. "Well I couldn't have you getting hurt because of me now could I." He then looked you in the eyes, a grin on his face. "Besides I like seeing you kneel before me, I get to see your beautiful face up close."

       You slapped him gently on his thigh but smiled. "Shut up, Loki. You shouldn't be using those lines on me, aren't you supposed to find a Noble to court?" You looked down at the bandage on his finger. You felt a heavy weight in your heart as you finished the sentence.

       He was silent for a moment. You looked up at him and he stared into your eyes with a kind caring look. He held your hands in his. "Just because you aren't a Noble doesn't mean I can't appreciate your beauty."

       You avoided looking into his eyes and instead stared at the floor, not wanting him to see the blush on your cheeks. "Stop teasing me, Loki." You stood up and took your hands from his.

       "I'm not teasing, pet." He grinned, enjoying the reactions you gave him. 

       "I don't think I can believe you when you use that nickname." You smirked at him, putting the medical equipment you had just used on Loki back in a cupboard. 

      "Well of course I'm going to call you 'pet', I love you after all." As soon as he finished the sentence his eyes widened and he attempted to cover it up but he couldn't find anything to say. He looked at you, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. Holding his pointer finger up as if he was going to make a speech or lecture you. You just stared at him with your mouth slightly agape. 

       "You love me?" You couldn't hide the excitement from your voice.

       He laughed awkwardly, flicking his eyes all around the room, occasionally meeting your gaze. "Well, what do you expect?" He gave a wide smile, holding his hands out to the side, palms facing you before letting them hit his thighs. "You are quite a magnificent woman."

     "You better not be teasing me." You warned him playfully, one eyebrow raised along with a finger pointing accusingly at him.

     Loki walked over to you and held your face in his hands. "Would I ever tease you?" He grinned cheekily. 

     "Loki!" You pouted. "Are you teasing me?" 

     "Now or before?" He joked, taking his hands from your face.

      You hit his arm lightly. "Before, obviously!"

      "Do you really want to know?" Loki dragged the moment out. He found enjoyment in seeing you so desperate.

      "Yes, Loki! I love you and I need to know if you really do feel the same way." You confessed.

      "I do." Loki gave a relieved smile at the news.

      "I'm going to kill you for teasing me so damn much though." You glared but no matter how annoyed you were it didn't last long and soon a smile broke out on your face.

      "That's a shame." He teased yet again.

      "Loki!"