Loki x reader | Bodyguard Part 1

Summary: Loki becomes your bodyguard, when a secret agency is out to get you, to pay off debts to the Avengers for New York. At first Loki dislikes the whole idea of 'babysitting' you but what happens when he grows to like you? When he falls in love with you?

        "I don't understand why I'm the one who has to babysit her." Loki expressed, miserably sinking into his leather chair. 

        "Y/n is a grown adult, I'd hardly call it babysitting. She needs protection and you owe us for New York." Tony retorted. "If you want we could find another way for you to pay me back. You could get a job here in New York, minimum wage most likely, and work for years to finally pay off your debt. If I were you I'd take me up on the first offer." He leaned back in his chair, confidence oozing from his voice.

        Loki sighed but sat up in his chair and held out his hand. "We have a deal. I'll watch over Y/n until she is safe."

       Tony grabbed his hand and shook it firmly. "Deal."

-

       "Tell me again why this woman is in danger." Loki said, watching the elevator numbers drop giving a visual representation of how long he had left of freedom. 

       "She's in hot water with a secret agency after she exposed top secret information about them to S.H.I.E.L.D. Y/n is currently living in New York so we can keep a close eye on her."

      "And why is it you can't have her stay in Stark Tower?" Loki prodded for information. It seemed to be a joke to him, they looked to have many alternatives to having him watch over you.

       "They would suspect that and I don't want more damage. Everything has just been fixed. Besides, I don't have time to babysit." Tony replied, looking at his watch. "Your ride should be here soon."

       "I thought she was a grown adult?" Loki smirked.

       The elevator stopped and Loki got out. "Good luck, you're going to need it." He smiled slyly before closing the elevator door.

      -

      Loki got out of the cab and looked at the slip of paper that had been given to him. You would think that Tony Stark would be able to offer better transportation than a cab. He either wanted to annoy Loki or wanted to make sure he didn't look suspicious. Perhaps both. Loki read your address off of the paper and looked up at the building in front of him. It was an older style building that had been remodeled recently. The outside material was brick but the windows were brand new. It looked like the front door of the apartment complex was recently replaced. 

      He walked up to the speaker beside the door and buzzed your apartment, reading the code word off of the paper. Banana? Not very creative or safe. "Hey, I was told to say banana." He stated in a bored tone. It didn't make sense that Loki had to go through the door rather than just teleporting inside. Maybe the girl was easily frightened, considering there were people after her it would make sense. The door buzzed open and he entered. The apartment looked much better on the inside. It was remarkably clean compared to other places Loki had been in the human world. 

       Loki found your door on the third floor of the building and knocked. After no answer he sighed and gave in again. "Banana." He mumbled angrily through the door. With that the door opened.

-

      He was not what you were expecting when Stark said he would send someone over to stay with you until this whole thing blew over. You were relieved to no longer be alone. He was tall with wavy black hair that went down to his shoulders and blue eyes. The man dressed in an all black suit, that was expected other than him literally wearing all black. A suit was stereotypical for bodyguards. You let him into the apartment and shut the door, locking it just to be safe. "Hi, my name is Y/n." You held out your hand and smiled up at him. He had dazzling eyes, you could get lost in them. The man took your hand and shook it.