Loki x reader | Yellow Roses

Summary: Ever since you stole a magical fruit from the royal Asgardian gardens to heal your sick mother you had been working in the gardens as repayment. You were willing to sacrifice your life to save your mothers but Frigga decided you could live and work off your debt. You became a farmer for them as well as tending to the garden. Loki ruins part of the garden and as punishment has to help you for ruining your work, also injuring you slightly in the process.

        Many years ago now you had stolen a precious and rare fruit with healing properties from the royal Asgardian garden. It was meant for your mother, who had no idea where it had come from. She was sick, soon to die with no cure available. You loved your mother dearly and you knew you couldn't just sit back and let her die. That was why you stole the fruit and fed it to her. You were caught the very next day. Prepared to die for your crimes you surrendered without a fight. Your mother was as healthy as she was before the sickness overtook her, that was all that mattered to you.

       The trial was led by Frigga with Odin away on business. It was by pure chance that she held your trial, if it weren't for her you would have been prosecuted or sent to rot in the dungeons. Instead she bestowed upon you the duty of tending to the gardens and farms meant for the royalty. She saw the good in you and the reason behind your actions. As soon as you had produced the fruit you had wrongfully taken you would be free again. It was no easy task. The average amount of time it took to grow one to completion was around seven hundred years in Asgardian time. It would take around a sixth of your lifetime. 

       Lucky for you everyone treated you quite well. You had a big responsibility and because of it you were allowed to live in the palace alongside the handmaidens and other workers. You were given clothing, food and shelter. For that you were forever grateful. You were not paid in currency for your work.

        It didn't take you too long to grow accustomed to your new life. You learned rather quickly how to care for the many different types of plants in the garden. You'd always been interested in the many different plants that Asgard contained. Along with that you came from a family of farmers. This helped you a large amount.

       You began your day like any other, getting prepared to work, walking through the gardens to inspect the plants, and then you started your daily tasks of taking care of them. It was about midday, the sun was in the middle of the sky now. You had awoken just before sunrise. The heat of the sun was beating down on you. It warmed your skin and made you feel happy inside. You wiped the sweat from your forehead after you finished taking the dead leaves out of all the yellow roses. For something that sounded simple it was hard work, especially considering the yellow roses span for miles. 

        You smiled at your work, proud of the end result. Your hands on your hips as you stood tall. It looked beautiful. Suddenly you heard loud noises, bickering and weapons clashing. Unusual for the gardens you looked over at where it was coming from. Your timing was impeccable. As soon as you turned your head a man fell backwards onto you after you witnessed an explosion of green magic. 

       Sitting up you looked at who had made you fall, ready to give them hell. As you realized who it was you refrained from doing so. Loki, one of the prince's of Asgard, God of Mischief was laying beside you. He stood up, not giving you a moment's thought.

        "Had enough, brother?" You heard Thor ask.

       You looked around at the damage they had caused to the gardens. In sudden fury you stood up and stalked over to them. At that point you ignored the fact that they were royalty.

       "Not even close." Loki sneered at his brother, drawing his daggers.

       You stood between them and held a hand up to each of them.