Loki x reader | Awkward Love

Request: Hi I recently found your tumblr and I absolutely love it ❤️! Could u do a one shot where the reader is like super awkward and geeky but really affectionate and thinks that Loki hates her and like confronts him in the library and cries and he confesses he loves her quirks and was scared she wouldn't like him. And could u like make Loki kinda shy and like gets flustered easily w/ only her. Hope u have a good day!

           "Loki! How goes it, my guy?" You asked as you attempted to put an arm around him.

            You felt Loki tense up beneath your touch, worrying you had done something wrong, you removed your arm. Quickly apologizing in a flustered manner.

          "No, don't apologize. I don't mind, I mean I like it. Well, not too much so but, you get the picture." Loki managed to blurt out. "Anyway, it's going alright. What about you?"

           "You know me, doing the science. Researching and what not." You put your elbow on a counter before comically falling off, Loki catching you before you hit the ground.

           "Are you okay? That looked like it may have hurt. If you want I can use my magic to help with any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing." Loki offered, his eyes widened.

           You gave him your best smile and stood up straight, ignoring the slight pain. You didn't want to bother him or make him use his magic just for that. "I think I'll be fine. Thank you for catching me. I can fall safely, I guess." You laughed awkwardly.

          Loki began chuckling a bit too, rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess so."

         "It's like you're a safety net for me, you sure are a silly goose." You said, poking his arm.

         "A silly goose?" Loki asked, obviously confused.

         "It's a Canadian thing as far as I know." You explained. "And from my deduction skills you are one, a silly goose I mean. Not a Canadian."

          "I see."

          "Heh, yeah. Anyway, good talk. I'm gonna go do some more science research stuff." You hugged him and left. Mentally beating yourself up for how awkward that was.

          "Bye, I suppose I'll see you around?" Loki said.

           "Yep." You waved.

            How on Earth would anyone find that attractive or even good in a person. You talked about Canada and geese. What the actual fuck. And he seemed to be giving more of a pity type feeling rather than a genuine emotional connection. You were so damn pissed off with yourself. There was no way he liked you, even as a friend. And he only acted that way around you. He must have truly hated you....

-

           You couldn't take not knowing any longer. Today was the day you would confront Loki and find out if he really did hate you and why. He was pretty much always in the library and so that would be the first place you looked for him. The tension you felt was almost unbearable. 

           Opening the library doors, it only took a second for you to spot Loki. He was looking through books on the shelf right by the door. You wanted privacy so you closed the library door and walked up to him, a frown on your face.

          "Oh, hi, Y/n." He greeted with an awkward smile, suddenly noticing your frown. "What's wrong?"

          "Loki, I need to ask you something. And I need complete honesty, please." You tried to hold back tears.

           "Of course, what's wrong? Do you need a hug again?" He opened his arms in a welcoming way, confusing you even more.

           "No, I don't need any pity right now." You sighed and then looked up at him. "Do you hate me?"

            Loki's eyes widened dramatically and his mouth fell open for a second. "What?! No! I care about you Y/n."

          "Then why do you shy away from physical contact usually? I just, I feel like you don't want me around. You act so different around me..." You felt the tears fall from your eyes. 

          At this point you didn't care about wiping them away. You let yourself cry. It didn't matter if he didn't like you, you needed to cry and let it all out.

            Suddenly you felt his arms around you, one of his hands rubbing your back. He let you cry into his shoulder. "Y/n, I love you. I love your quirks, I love how awkward you can be, I love how you look, I love how affectionate you are. You bring light into my dark life and I love that."

           You pulled away from him slightly. "Then why haven't you ever said anything?" You wiped your tears away.

           "Because I was scared you wouldn't love me back." Loki held your chin to tilt it upwards slightly as he held onto one of your shoulders. "Believe me when I say that I love you, Y/n."

             "I love you too." You mumbled out with a sniff.

             Loki gave you a gentle peck on the lips before hugging you close to him. You felt safer than you had ever felt before. In his arms you felt loved.