Loki x reader | Tragedy

Request: Can u do loki and reader wife where she informs him of frigga's death and with the help of her magic she takes him to his mother's funeral.. 

        The news of Frigga's death devastated you. She was your mother in-law, more importantly she was the kindest and most understanding person you had ever known. She was able to tell someone's character without even knowing them. Frigga knew who she could trust and who she could not. She was unbiased unlike Odin. You cried as soon as you were told. 

        It hit you hard, you could only imagine how Loki would take the news. To make matters worse a guard would most likely be tasked with informing him. That would not suffice. You made your way to the dungeons as soon as the guard who told you had left. You were one of the first to know. Loki was one that should know first. He was incredibly close to his mother. 

       You walked quickly to the dungeons, forced to pretend to be calm and collected. Reaching the dungeons in record timing you walked up to Loki's cell. He saw the expression on your face, fearing the worst. 

       "My dear husband, I have grave news. Frigga has passed. She," You swallowed back the need to cry. "Was murdered in cold blood."

       You saw Loki break as you spoke. It was a site you hoped to never see again. The way he looked now tortured you greatly. You could no longer hold in your tears or weeping. You collapsed on the ground in front of his cell, letting the tears fall. 

       Loki clenched his fists, turning his back to you. His magic exploding with the emotion. The furniture in his cell was violently pushed away from him, most of it breaking. He didn't turn around but spoke with a shaky unstable voice.

       "Who did it?"

       "The dark elves." You got out between sobs. 

       "I will avenger her, no matter the cost." He shook with anger, if it were possible for him to explode he would have by now. He was seething. "Am I to attend her funeral in chains?"

       Your crying had calmed for now. You didn't bother wiping away the tears on your cheeks.

        "I am unsure what they plan to do. As far as I am told you are to remain here, including during the funeral." You spoke, a sudden braveness striking you. "But I swear I will get you out. You will attend Frigga's funeral. I will find a way."

        Loki turned back around to face you, walking to the edge of his cell. He moved furniture out of the way so he could sit down in front of you. His head rested against the magical barrier, with closed eyes, his hand held up as he replied.

        "I trust you are capable of doing so. Be careful. I am not going to lose you as well." 

        You put your hand against his through the barrier. "I promise I will get you out to attend, in a safe manner."

-

        Late at night when the guards were sleepy and less cautious you put your plan into action. You told them you wanted some alone time with your husband and ordered them to take a break. The exhausted guards easily agreed, leaving you to do as you pleased. That was when you let Loki out, using magic to make it look like nothing had happened. Loki used his magic spell to cast an illusion on himself, causing him to look like a guard of the palace. He made an illusion of himself in his cell so it would appear that he was merely sleeping. 

        With that he teleported the two of you to your room. It was the first night in a long time that you had the chance to sleep in the same bed with one another. If not for the circumstances you would have made love. Instead you cuddled with him, reassuring him that everything would work out in the end. Your handmaidens were told to not disturb you and the guards went back on watch in the dungeons. 

       The next day you prepared for the funeral. Loki masked himself as a guard throughout the whole process, staying with you at all times. Even with an illusion you saw the forlorn look on his face. It took everything in you to not hug him when others were around. 

        Finally the time had come. You wore a black dress, compared to your usual green and gold attire. Loki accompanied you. You stood behind Thor and Odin, beside the guards including Loki who was to your right. All had come to mourn Frigga. Those who were not able to watch here were in the city, waiting and watching the end of the waterfall. Everyone was mourning, not a single Asgardian wasn't. There was no laughter or smiles, only frowns and sadness. 

        Frigga's body was laid out carefully on the boat. Flower petals scattered all around her, white and pink blending together. She lay on a bed of orange coverings. Her attire was orange as well, her golden armor on, a sword in her hands, resting in the middle of her body. A clear slightly tinted orange covering was overtop her body. 

        The ship was sent out, going down the many isles and rows of Asgaridans. All standing and facing her as she was sent off. Many held white orbs of light, awaiting the time to send them into the air. It was somber and there were tears in the eyes of many. Odin stepped forward. An arrow was lit on fire, a guard aiming it towards the sky before letting it go, lighting the boat on fire. It started burning immediately. With that many other arrows, burning with fire, were shot onto boats surrounding Frigga's. 

        As her boat reached the waterfall Odin banged his staff on the ground. The boat floated forward, not falling yet. Her soul raised to the cosmos and stars. The boat falling. The shimmering white sparkles of her soul looked magnificent although it was a sight you did not want to see. It was as if it danced, becoming one with the stars up high in the sky. 

        The citizens of Asgard let go of the white orbs of light, letting them float towards the sky. Those not with you but in the city also let go. They lifted into the sky, just as Frigga's spirit did. You could see them all across Asgard. It was a beautiful sight. 

          When all was done you retired back to your room, Loki following close behind. Again, you asked the handmaidens and guards to leave you be. They did as you wished. Loki entered your room with you. His illusion spell fell. 

        He was no longer composed, he slouched with a grim frown on his face. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he tried to hold back the tears. Without hesitating you practically ran up to him, hugging him tight as you cried. Loki, unable to hold back anymore, wept along with you. You separated as you finished crying everything out. 

        "They still haven't informed my illusion." Loki stated, an angry scowl on his face. 

        You held his upper arm comfortingly. "That is why I am here. I will never let them keep you away from current events and situations. I am here for you and always will be. I love you and I know with all her heart Frigga did as well."

        Loki wiped a tear away, nodding. "Thank you for this. If there were a way to repay you for the kindness you have always shown me, and especially this specifically, I would."

        "There is nothing that I need be thanked for, my dear husband. This is something that should happen." 

         He gave you a small kiss before hugging you tight again. Frigga would have been proud.