Loki x reader | Arranged Marriage

Summary: You and Loki had an arranged marriage but are now hiding away on Earth from multiple people after only having been married a day.

          "I am so sick of being around you already!" You declared. "Quarantine is going to be terrible!"

          "Well, guess what, Princess? I am sick and tired of being around you as well!" Loki responded. "You think I will like having to spend my time stuck with one person, especially someone like you?"

            "Too bad, we're married because of Asgardian affairs. Doesn't matter that we're stuck on Earth, hiding from the Avant Gardes, might I add!"

             "It's the Avengers!" Loki corrected, his eyebrows furrowed together.

             "Whatever. I am just so done with this, why must I stay inside this cabin. We are immune to the sickness anyway."

             "It's not like there is anything we could do either way, we are in hiding. Besides, we could still be carriers for it to spread to humans easier."

             "Fine. I suppose that is fair. But why must we stay on Earth. We've literally only been married for a day and you've run away with me. This is hardly romantic."

             "What can I say? People hate me." Loki raised his eyebrows. "At least I got us this cabin, we would be sleeping outdoors if it weren't for me."

             "If it weren't for you I would still be on Asgard." You said spitefully.

             Loki took a step closer to you, pushing you against the kitchen counter, a hand on each side of you. "Oh, please. If you weren't married to me you would have been married off to that big oaf and expected to have children with him right away, then expected to become a farm hand, maid, and a whore. I, on the other hand, couldn't care less about having children. I only ask that you stay by my side, you don't have to like me or do as I say, within reason."

             You were furious at his words, unable to express it in words so suddenly you attempted to slap him across the face, regretting it as soon as you had done it since Loki had grabbed your arm stopping you. "Never disrespect me like that again." You warned, attempting to get your arm back.

             "At least you're a fighter, the gods gave me one positive."Loki expressed before breaking into a smirk and letting go of your arm. "Maybe this may still work out."

             "I sure hope so. Otherwise we are both doomed."

-

            It had been days since you had been stuck on Earth with Loki in quarantine. What a time to visit. Loki had made sure the cabin had many things to entertain. He taught you how to use human technology, like the TV and video game systems. It helped pass the time. He also taught you a few human card and board games. It seemed as though he had hid out in the cabin before. He seemed to know where everything was and how everything worked. There was what you learned to call a computer that was connected to the internet. It was amazing, you were able to research humans far better than you could on Asgard.

              You began to have a certain amount of respect for Loki, not because he was royalty and you were not but because of how he was. He seemed to be quite intelligent and he was far more polite than you had thought at first. You thought back to your first, and so far only, fight. He had claimed he didn't want children and didn't care what you did. You wondered if that was true and if so why. Why would he only want you to be by his side. That wasn't exactly asking for much considering he was royalty and could very well rule over Asgard one day.

               Loki was making dinner in the kitchen while you sat in the living room looking up things on the computer. It seemed that you had learned so much about humans in just a matter of days than you had on Asgard. You walked into the kitchen, it was about time you had a talk with Loki about the fight.

              "Could we talk for a moment?" You asked softly, feeling incredibly bad for trying to slap him.

              "About what, darling?" Loki inquired as he continued to chop vegetables before adding them to what appeared to be a stew in the making.

              "I wanted to talk about our fight and apologize." You answered.

              Loki stopped what he was doing and turned to face you, using his magic to continue cooking the stew. "I'm all ears."

             "Well first of all, I am sorry for trying to slap you." You said.

             "Apology accepted. I'm also sorry for insulting you." Loki expressed. "Is there anything else you'd like to say?"

             "Yes, I was wondering why you don't want children and why you only expect me to stay by your side." You disclosed.

             Loki sighed before leading you to the living room. "Take a seat. This will be a lot to take in, I assume."

             You sat down, Loki sitting down beside you, holding your hands in his own. "I'm not sure if you know this or not but I am a Frost Giant not Asgardian. Odin put a spell on me so that I appear to be Asgardian. I wouldn't expect anyone to want to carry my offspring. I only expect you to stay by my side so I can protect you, as your husband it is my duty. Especially considering how many want me dead. Neither of us had a say in this and so I will not expect much from you or this marriage in general."

              "Well," you thought for a moment. "Let's beat the odds set out against us. From what I've seen you appear to be decent enough. And we are stuck with one another, we may as well try to make it work. Maybe I'm selfish but I want children. If there is a spell on you to change your appearance then why can't our children lead normal lives like you? We could just put a spell on them as well if that's what you're worried about." You shrugged your shoulders, speaking as if it was a simple answer.

               "You're crazy. I like it." Loki smirked. "But for now, having children isn't the best idea. When things are safer or the environment we live in is safer then we can focus on that. For now let us just get to know one another. Perhaps fall in love, who knows."

               "Sounds like a plan." You agree.