Loki x reader | Why

Prompt: Bury A Friend - Billie Eilish  (what do you want, why don't you run, what are you wondering, what do you know, why aren't you scared of me, why do you care for me?)

           "Why are you following me, Y/n? What do you want?" Loki raised an eyebrow as he looked over his shoulder at you following after him like a lost puppy.

           "Other than the fact that you're one cool dude I guess I'd have to say I'm bored." You shrugged your shoulders.

           "I'm just getting coffee from the kitchen, it's not that exciting." Loki stated in a bored tone as he kept walking.

          You walked beside him. "Yeah, but we're talking which eases boredom." You poked your head. "IQ one thousand." 

         Loki just shook his head. "You're ridiculous." 

         "Maybe but you're the one dating me." You teased.

         "I go to one of Stark's parties alone, get drunk, we joke about dating once and you still haven't dropped it." Loki sighed.

         "It's funny because you always blush when I say it." You smirk childishly.

         "I do not." Loki pouted.

         You poked his cheek. "Then what is this? It looks red to me!"

         "Whatever you say." Loki rolled his eyes, preparing his coffee.

         You hugged him from behind and poked his cheek again. "That is what I say." 

         He looked down at you and gave you a patronizing look as he sipped his coffee. You took his coffee from him and took a sip before he managed to get his cup back.

         "What are you doing?" He asked referring to the back hug.

         "I'm being affectionate to my boyfriend." You laughed.

         His face grew even more red. "Forget that I asked." He pried your arms off of himself and began walking away but yet again you walked with him.

         "Where are we going now?" You ask excitedly.

          "I am going to my room. I don't know where you are going."

          "Your room?" 

           "I don't think so." He walked faster.

           "Why not? You always seem so lonely, a little company can't hurt." You cock your head to the side.

           "You're the one that appears to be lonely here."

           "I am a little but that's just because I'm bored. You're always alone. Are you sure you're okay?" You asked in a caring tone.

          You did care about him, you cared about everyone you knew. It just seemed like Loki needed that care more than anyone else at the moment. He was difficult though. Loki wouldn't ever admit he needed attention or affection. In fact he probably didn't receive affection regularly. It made you sad to see him sad. You were too empathetic for your own good.

          "Why do you care?" Loki replied in a snotty tone.

          "Because I care about you." You reply easily.

          "I don't understand you whatsoever." Loki grumbled, opening the door to his room.

          You attempted to enter but he held you back by your head.