Loki x reader | Be Thankful

Summary: It's Loki's first time celebrating Thanksgiving. You attempt to help him find good things to be thankful for. Keyword: Attempt.

"You're kidding me?" You gave Loki an incredulous look.

"I may be the God of lies but I see no reason to lie about never having celebrated Thanksgiving." Loki crossed his arms defensively.

"Do you know what Thanksgiving is about?" You asked curiously, leaning forward on your chair.

It was profound to you that someone didn't know about Thanksgiving, not celebrating it was one thing but not having any knowledge on the matter was another.

"Not particularly. I assume it's about giving thanks." Loki said in a bored tone as if the thought of thanking someone disgusted him.

"One thousand IQ, I swear." You laughed, playfully punching his shoulder. He rolled his eyes but couldn't keep a smile from his face, the corners of his lips twitching upwards. "That is a big part of it but there's so much more." You grew excited the longer you spoke. "It's about spending time with your loved ones and those you care about, whether that be friends, family, or both. You reflect on what you're thankful for in life. It could be food, shelter, people, things, or something about yourself. There's always something to be thankful for. How about you tell me something you're thankful for?"

"My knives." Loki stated simply.

Your smile fell slightly. "I suppose that works, it's a little abnormal but that's a start! Anything else?"

"Destruction. It's quite fun honestly." Loki looked up in thought, a mischievous look on his face.

"You know what, I'm just going to spray you every time you say something bad." You said, grabbing the spray bottle next to you, spraying Loki's shirt.

"Hey! You never said it had to be a good thing." Loki mentioned, sending a glare that sent shivers down your spine. You ignored it none the less.

"I hadn't expected you'd say that. Usually people say something like 'my dog' or 'my home'." You tilted your head to the side, giving him a puzzled look before you smiled again. "I guess that's what happens when you ask a God." You shrugged your shoulders in a carefree way. "Name another, and try to say something good."

Loki was silent for a moment, looking up as if the answer would be written on the ceiling before looking you in the eyes again. "I guess I'm thankful for you. You're entertaining."

You were stunned for a second, your cheeks heating up. "Thank you, that's very kin-"

"I mean, who else would spray me with water?" Loki grinned.

"You're right." You replied with a straight face, spraying him with the water.

Loki dodged the water. "I'm thankful you suck at aiming too."

You sprayed him again, this time playfully, and successfully. He grimaced. "I'm thankful that you're like a cat, it's adorable." You stuck your tongue out at him.

Loki raised his eyebrows. "I'm not adorable."

"Yeah, you are." You smirked.

Loki stood up. "Give me that." He ordered as he reached for the spray bottle.

You curled up on the chair and sprayed him. "Bad kitty!"

"I'm not a cat either." Loki retorted as he reached for the bottle again.

You sprayed him again. "You're a cute kitty." You laughed. "Now, what else are you thankful for?"

"I don't know." He said, sitting back down.

"How about that you're attractive?" You ask.

"You think I'm attractive?" Loki smirked, a sly look on his face.

"Obviously, you silly goose." You smiled, ignoring the blush on your face.

"I think I know what I'm grateful for." Loki stated, standing up to walk over to you.

"And what is that?" You questioned.

"That Thor told me about the crush you have on me." Loki said before kissing you. "I'm also grateful that you're a good kisser." Loki teased when the kiss ended.

Your face was as red as a tomato and your heart was racing. You weren't sure whether to be angry or thankful towards Thor for spilling the beans at that point.

"I could say the same." You smiled.