2

ONE WEEK LATER

"What are you drawing?" 

"I had a dream last night." I started as I shaded in an eye. "It felt like I was in a retro 80's music video. I have been wanting to do more paintings about my dreams so I figured I'd draw something out first." 

"Oh cool." he sighed. 

"You alright?" 

"It has just been a long week at work. I'm glad that it's the weekend." 

"You usually have plans on Saturdays." I eyed him. "Why are you home?" 

"I can't spend time with my big sister?" 

I laughed. "You can. But you spend a lot of time with me, what's special about today?" 

"I just don't want to go out." 

"Who are you avoiding?" 

He sighed before smirking a little. "His name is Jackson." 

"Wang!?" 

"Yes, okay." 

"What is wrong with Jackson?" 

"Nothing. That's why I'm avoiding him." 

"What?" I asked setting down my sketch book and pencil. 

"I just don't have that spark with him. And he's so nice, he's like a puppy. I don't want to hurt his feelings." 

"Soooo....avoiding him and leaving him hanging?" 

"It's not like I lied to him...I told him that I was going to spend the weekend with you." 

I looked at my watch. "It's 2 o clock Jin. Besides Jackson is really nice, be honest. He'll understand." 

"Okay fine. I'll ask him to go for coffee." He pulled out his phone and sent a text. Jackson must have been close to his phone because Jin got a response almost instantly. "Okay we are gunna go meet up. Do you want me to bring you anything back?" 

"Oh...an Iced Mocha sounds delicious. But the smallest one, those things are full of sugar." 

He laughed. "I can do that. Be back soon." 

Once he left I turned back to my sketch. I was focused and it was turning out exactly how I imagined it, and before I knew it I heard the front door shut again. When I looked up I saw Jin walking towards me with my coffee drink. 

"That was quick." I commented. 

He raised an eye brow as he handed me my coffee then looked at his watch. "Noona I was gone for 3 hours." 

"Three hours?" I asked looking at my phone to see the time. "Well damn." 

"Look...I know you love your art, and I don't want you to stop. But you lose a LOT of time when you are focused. Maybe try to go out and do things to balance yourself."

"We could go to the beach tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain after 10 am. So we could get there by noon and spend the day there." 

"That sounds fun." He smiled. 

"How did it go with Jackson?"

"I'm indifferent about it." He said plopping down on a chiar. 

I closed my sketch book and put it on the coffee table sipping my drink. "Why?" 

"He broke it off with me before I could even say anything." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. He said he was really attracted to me, that he thought I was a good person, but he saw me more than a friend than a romantic interest."