22

"You are one, sneaky lady." he said taking a sip of his wine. I also took a sip as he continued. "I'm going to have to keep you close to me at all times."

I laughed and took another drink, suddenly nervous. "Think you can handle it?"

"I'd sure hell like to try." he said wiggling his eye brows.

"So, you're not mad?" I finally asked pushing my lips together.

He laughed and shook his head. "Not at all."

"Really?"

"You want the whole truth?" I nodded and he leaned against the fence, and in that moment, I realized how far we were from each other, but maybe that was a good thing right now. "That was probably one of the hottest, biggest turn ons I never realized existed." He threw his wine back, finishing by gulping heavily, before letting out a breath. He turned to look at me, and his eye brow was raised.

"A turn on?" I asked.

"Yep." He said, taking a step to the table and refilling his glass, and topping mine off.

"I'm guessing all the women you have dated in the past always allowed you to pay for everything?" I asked sipping down more. I was starting to get a light buzz, enough to keep me brave, but not enough to lower my inhibitions.

He finished his glass again placing it down on the table and started taking off his shoes. "I always pay for everything." he started, and I too finished my wine placing the glass on the table. I leaned down taking my shoes off, as I continued to listen to him. "It is never about the money, but after Minah's plan...money always disgusted me. I used to wish that we didn't have any." He leaned over and rolled up his pants to his knees and started walking towards the other end of the pool. I followed him barefooted, very interested on how this story would go. "But you can't just change who you are so I built up a wall. I didn't treat the last two women I was involved with very well, and though, I never slept with them, or hit them, I did play games with them, messing with their feelings and that, I regret."

We walked over to the other side of the pool, where there were a few steps, and he went down to the third one into the pool up to the middle of his shins. I followed suit, and held my dress, since the water came to my knees. I looked over to him and he was looking upward, giving his silhouette a heavenly glow. I swallowed thickly, pushing back my bad thoughts, needing to focus.

"And now?" I asked him, afraid he was about to confess that this was all a game.

He looked down and over to me, his face serious, then slowly a smile stretched over his plump lips. "Then I moved far away from where I grew up, and ended up across the street to an incredible woman and her crazy brother. And now..." he paused. "I'm rethinking everything."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

I looked out to the pool and the glow from the lighs above reflected beautifully off the water, and I let out a soft sigh. "So does that mean that you want to reach out to one of them and give what you had another shot?" I held my breath hoping that maybe I was wrong.

He laughed out loud and shook his head. "Do you think I would have kissed you that hard up against my car if I wanted anyone else but you?"

My eyes went wide at his words and I was at a loss for words. "Uh..."

He laughed again and turned around stepping out of the water, and again I followed. "Don't worry." He smiled. "I know I have to earn your trust. But believe me when I saw I am going to have so much fun doing it." he winked.