Chapter 14: Overnight

On the way back to the Kuromiya residence, Mirai fell into a drunken slumber on the back seat, her head resting on Namjoon's shoulder

Takahashi, who was the one driving them home, as usual, looked back at Namjoon with a smile.

''Took you two long enough...'' the man joked. ''Can I give you a piece of advice, kid?''

''Sure'' Namjoon said, careful to keep his voice down, not to bother Mirai's sleep.

''Don't let Mr. Kuromiya find out... He's grown fond of you, but he's a bit more protective of his daughter than he would let show.'' The driver said with a serious air.

''Thanks for the input...''

They soon arrived at the Kuromiya home and Mirai woke up groggily.

''Oppa... My head is spinning...'' she whined childishly.

Mirai was only a couple of months younger than him and they were so close that she always called him by name instead of calling him oppa. The word made Namjoon's heart leap in his chest.

''Come on, we have to get you to bed...'' Namjoon said, helping her get out of the car carefully.

''My feet hurt...''

Namjoon sighed.

''You shouldn't have worn new shoes for a night out... Especially when you're not used to wearing heels...'' He scolded her gently while crouching in front of her. ''Hold onto my shoulders, I don't want you falling down...'' he instructed as he lifted her first feet up to take her shoe off.

Mirai struggled to keep her balance on one foot despite holding onto his shoulders, but he eventually managed to get both of her shoes off.

Still crouching he turned his back to her. ''Hop on, you're in no shape to go up the stairs on your own...'' the boy said and Mirai obliged happily, climbing on his back and leaning her head onto her friend's shoulder.

The last time Namjoon had given Mirai a piggy-back ride, they were still kids. Feeling her warmth on his back and holding her thighs felt much different now...

He carried the girl to her room and sat her on her bed, before going to get her the bathroom's trash bin; in case her tequila shots wanted out...

''Are you alright?'' he asked while pulling a blanket over her.

''I don't feel so good...'' the girl admitted, shivering slightly.

''You really overdid it...''

''I'm sorry oppa...''

The sweet word made Namjoon blush in the darkness of the room.

''Don't worry about it... I'm just glad you're home safe... I'll sleep in the guest room tonight, if you need anything text me and I'll be there in under minute, alright?'' he said while putting the girl's cellphone under her pillow.

Mirai shook her head.

''Don't sleep in the guest room...'' she said angrily.

''If you're uncomfortable with me sleeping in your house I can call a cab home...'' Namjoon said, terrified at the thought of having made things so awkward with his kiss tha Mirai couldn't bear the thought of sleeping in the same building as him.

''No... Stay here...'' the girl pleaded while grabbing onto his sleeve.

Namjoon gulped as he let Mirai pull him in her bed.

He wasn't expecting that one!

''A-are you sure you're fine with me sleeping in your bed?''

''The room is spinning so fast, if you don't hold me I might fall off the bed because of the centrifugal force...'' the girl whined, earning a laugh from Namjoon.

''Alright, I can't contradict that science...'' he said with a smile as the girl nuzzled her face into his chest. ''Goodnight Mirai...''

''Goodnight oppa...''

Namjoon's heart was beating so fast that he thought for sure Mirai would notice and ask him if he was dying of a heart attack. Instead the girl closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep in his arms.

***

Namjoon barely slept that night; he didn't want to miss a single second of Mirai's sleeping face.

When the girl finally opened her eyes, she groaned in pain. Daylight made her terrible migraine hellish.

Namjoon wondered if she even remembered inviting him into her bed and he was half expecting her to punch him in the face when she noticed he had slept next to her. What he didn't expect was for her to flush bright red and get tongue tied.

''S-so... Did you.. uh... sleep well? I hope I didn't snore or drool on you...'' Mirai staggered, not yet letting go of the arm she had held all night.

''No! I mean yes! I mean; yes for question number one and no for question number two...'' Namjoon replied, almost as flustered as the girl

She had a moment of silence.

''You took my first kiss...'' she said under her breath.

''It was my first kiss too, so technically speaking you also took mine...'' Namjoon said, defensively.

Mirai chuckled, then laughed until Namjoon followed along in her hilarity. Once they managed to stop laughing, out of breath and teary eyed, she looked up at her friend, suddenly serious.

''Since you took my first kiss... Could you maybe take my second one too?'' she asked, her face still blushed.

Namjoon grinned.

'' I could, but only if you promise to be mine...'' he said teasingly.

''Possessive bastard... Fine... I-I'm yours...'' Mirai said, looking down in embarrassment.

Namjoon put his hands on the girl's cheeks and leaned in to press a soft kiss on her lips, before breaking into a smiley dimpled mess.

''Now that you're mine; I'll never let you go...''

***

Author's note:

Fluff alert! This chapter was sweeter than marshmallows! xD

Now it's official, Namjoon an Mirai were more than friends in their past. What caused their love to break and how did they grow into enemies? Can the both of them relearn to love eachother or are the kids they once were too far gone?

In the next chapter, we'll go back to the present to start working on these answers! ;)

Thank you so much for reading!

Have super day!