Chapter 24 : Last Chance

Mirai's life had taken a turn for the better.

She was woken up by the warm feeling of a kiss in the crook of her neck, Namjoon's arms still wrapped around her.

''Morning princess...''

''Morning Namjoon...''

''I'm late for a meeting already...'' the man said while rubbing his eyes and sitting up in the bed.

''Didn't I set the alarm yesterday?''

''You were sleeping so cutely that I turned it off...'' he admitted pitifully.

''We can't keep on sleeping in like that every day; how will that look like to your clients?''

''Like we're a fashionably late couple?'' Namjoon joked as Mirai shoved him to the side with her pillow.

They got out of bed and both stood in front of their shared closet.

''I want to wear something with neutral colors, don't pick something too flashy...'' Mirai said while grabbing a white blouse.

''You're just jealous of my awesome fashion style...'' Namjoon said while putting back his striped pants and replacing them with a pair of black ones. ''You can't wear a navy skirt, then we won't match, how about your grey one?''

''Fine...'' Mirai said getting dressed as Namjoon openly eyed her figure.

''What a view...''

''Shut it Namjoon's you've seen me naked before...''

''It's like looking at a starry sky, there are some sights a man can't enough of...''

Mirai put on a pair of black leather heels before pondering if they matched with her outfits.

''Should I wear these shoes?''

Namjoon looked at her up and down and smirk crept on his lips.

''Yes. Nothing else. Just these shoes.''

Mirai grabbed a tie and whipped Namjoon with it a couple of times, only managing to make him laugh at her irritation.

''Stop it with the dirty jokes before work! How am I supposed to focus when you keep teasing me!?'' she scolded him.

''I can't help it you're just too goddamn cute when you get all flustered like that...'' Namjoon said with a dimpled smile.

''Let's just get to work...'' Mirai muttered before turning around in a vain attempt to hide her flushed cheeks.

Mirai sat down in the corner of the office where she made her calls when Namjoon didn't need her help translating. Now that she could talk to people from outside the manor and know the state of things in her territory this place felt less and less like a prison.

Namjoon was looking more and more like the one she once loved and insidiously she was getting used to him, to acting like his fiancé, to sharing his bed and to never leaving the manor....

This new freedom was a double edged sword, it made her feel free again but it numbed her to the truth of her situation.

Namjoon still refused to let her out of his sight, she was still captive, her father was still a hostage...

She glanced at Namjoon from the side and when he met her gaze and smiled, she realised she was smiling too.

It made Mirai feel horrible.

These past weeks, she had been plotting in Namjoon's back and contacting all of her men to find traces of her father, to get him out of the country and away from Namjoon. She felt like a traitor to Namjoon, but bringing her father to safety was her first priority.