Chapter 40 : Bait and Switch

Namjoon was sitting at the bar of the club he had never been to. He had insisted on meeting Mirai at one of Jimin's club; but she didn't trust him enough to come meet him on his own turf.

This club was one of the few in the city that wasn't affiliated to either Bangtan or the Kuromiya clan, so it was a neutral place where they could stand on equal grounds.

This was a business meeting, but Namjoon felt more like a teen girl on his first date. He was anxiously waiting and scanning the club, in the hopes of finally seeing Mirai again.

He didn't even recognise her when she walked in.

She was wearing a black tailored dress and he could guess a subtle limp hidden behind her confident strides. Most shocking; her long dark hair had been replaced by a platinum bob contrasting sharply with her bright red lipstick.

''Good evening Mr. Kim.'' the girl greeted coldly.

She clearly wasn't as excited as him about this meeting.

''Why did you change your hair, I always loved your natural hair...'' Namjoon thought out loud.

''Believe it or not; the way I wear my hair has nothing to do with your tastes... Last time I went to a business meeting I almost got assassinated, so I reckoned not being recognised would be a good thing this time around... Any other comments about my appearance or can we just get to business?'' Mirai replied sarcastically, before sitting on the opposite edge of the lounge's sofa.

''Oh trust me, I could talk about your beauty all day without getting bored! But if you insist we can work on taking back control over our territory...'' Namjon said flirtingly.

''Let's go with option 2.'' Mirai said, completely dismissing him. ''We need intel about the Russian mob. We have to know our enemy before we can destroy them from the inside. They're a new group, it means their leadership is fragile. It doesn't need to be a bloodbath, they'll destroy themselves if we play our cards right...''

Namjoon's mind switched to business mode when he heard Mirai's tone get serious.

''I have informants, they've been listening to all the juicy gossip for a while, but there's nothing big enough to break the mob yet...'' Namjoon explained while pouring Mirai a cup of sake and taking a sip from it, to prove it was safe, before handing the cup to her.

''Your informants are great at dealing with the important people, but these guys are not dumb enough to spill their secrets; not willingly at least. I'm not one for useless violence, but I think it's time we stop asking for answers and start taking them by force...'' Mirai explained before downing the sake cup.

''Interrogation and torture only works on the weak minded, we have to choose carefully and find someone easy to crack...'' Namjoon explained, much too calmly for the subject of torture.

''Fortunately for you; I've once been engaged to a Russian mobster, so I know which of his relatives are fools... most of his cousins are perverts so as long as I have good enough back up, I could seduce and set one of them up for you to take away. The whole torture thing is your thing more than mine anyways...''

''Just give me a name and I'll take him out myself, no need for you to take a useless risk...'' Namjoon said as Mirai rolled her eyes.

As expected, he wanted to keep her out of the action.

''This is my revenge as much as yours; I won't just sit around looking pretty while you take all the risks.'' She argued sharply.

''Why would you take a risk when I could do the whole thing much more efficiently on my own? I trust you, I just don't need anything more from you than the name of the bastard you want me to take...'' Namjoon explained calmly.