Chapter 30 : Win or Lose Yourself

Everyday went along the exact same painful way.

Namjoon woke her up, chose her clothes and decided which literature classic she would spend her day copying.

The only breaks she had from the tedious task was her shared meals with Namjoon and their bedtime ritual which included Namjoon trying to make conversation (which mostly meant throwing cheesy one liners at her and laughing at how annoyed/flustered she got) and Mirai trying not to strangle him as they laid back to back on opposite sides of the bed.

Tonight he was even more determined than usual.

''It's no use giving me the silent treatment, I know you're bored out of your mind and you wanna talk too... Or maybe you wanna do something else than talk....'' Namjoon said teasingly, he even went so far as to turn to face her and put a hand over her hip.

''It's been a while since we haven't had any fun, I know you want it just as bad as me... Come on babe, say the word and I'll make you forget you hate me for the night... We can try whatever kinky stuff you're into...'' he insisted gently, dragging a finger along the curve of her waist and sending chills throughout the girl's body.

Mirai's fragile sanity snapped.

''Fine, how about we try roleplay!'' she said before turning towards Namjoon abruptly.

''Roleplay? Alright, princess what do you have in mind?''

''You could play a mafia boss that isn't full of shit.'' She spat in a disdainful tone.

Namjoon's jaw dropped at the comment. He didn't expect that one.

''Alright! And how about you pretend to not be a bitch.'' He replied, just as harshly.

Mirai scoffed and rolled her eyes.

''How about you play the bitch and I put on your tie?'' she said sarcastically.

Namjoon's eyes widened at the comment and he got up to go retrieve one of his tie from the closet. He crawled back on the bed and put the tie around Mirai's neck, his look a mix of anger and amusement.

Mirai flushed and gulped as Namjoon suddenly tightened the tie around her neck and pulled her towards him.

''Careful what you wish for...'' he said in a deep voice before kissing her, still holding her by the tie. ''If you wanna call me a bitch, be ready to end up with a leash on...''

Mirai wanted to act like this whole thing didn't faze her but her body didn't get the memo and she let out a moan as Namjoon was deepening their kiss. Namjoon smirked through their kiss and flipped her so she would be straddling him.

''My plan backfired didn't it?'' Mirai said as Namjoon was helping her take her nightgown off, with a shit eating grin.

***

The morning after sleeping with Namjoon, Mirai always forgot the monster that hid behind his pretty sleeping face.

Maybe it was the way he looked at her like she was the most beautiful thing in the world, the way his touch made the world around them disappear or simple the way they could perfectly understand each other without saying a word.

When their bodies were doing the talking; they got along great.

In another life, that beautiful bastard must have been her soulmate. No one else managed to make her feel so strong and vulnerable at once.

This was the true danger Namjoon represented, the power of making her forget everything that was ever wrong between them with a simple touch.

He controlled her every waking moment, until she was on the verge of losing her mind and then he wiped the slate clean and brought her the comfort she so desperately needed. Rinse, repeat.

Everyday.

Copy someone else's words all day, feel empty and useless. Run into the arms of the only person you're allowed to see, feel loved and cherished.

This was pure and simple brainwashing.

The only thing she ever had to look forward to in the blur that had become her daily life was Namjoon. Subconsciously, this made her eager to see him.

She didn't want to ruin the only highlight of her day so naturally, she avoided making Namjoon angry, not even realising she was now obeying his every wish.

Namjoon was finally succeeding in shaping her into the obedient little wife of his dreams.

Mirai might have gone completely mad and lost herself it it weren't for Namjoon making her copy The Art of War; her father's favourite book.

She suddenly stopped in her writing when she fell on a quote of father often used.

"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

It shocked Mirai to realise that Namjoon was this good that he was winning against her without even having to fight her.

Her father would be ashamed of her. Her men would be ashamed of her.

Mostly; she was ashamed of herself.

She thought of Namjoon and her as standing on equal grounds and going head to head, but he was clouding her mind, toying with her spirit like she was some kind of toy.

He had already won.

She tried to shake the thought off and wanted to go take a shower to clear her mind, but she realised it was too late; she was afraid.

She couldn't take a shower because she was supposed to do like Namjoon had said and copy this book.

When did she become so scared of upsetting him?

She put the pen down and realised she was trembling, she really was going crazy. She had to fight herself to get up from the desk chair and walk over to the bathroom.

In the mirror stood a pale, scared girl.

This couldn't be her. She was a yakuza woman.

She pulled her dress sleeve down and looked at the ink covering her back.

She had a phoenix on her skin, paid at the price of ink and blood. Her father's blood than ran through her veins.

This was the mark of the dangerous woman she once was, it wasn't befitting of the caged bird Namjoon had made her into. She felt like an imposter in her own skin, a parasite in her own mind.

She had a general idea of how to escape the manor, but her plan wasn't good enough. It wasn't safe enough. She couldn't possibly pull it off.

Lady Kuromiya could pull it off, but the fragile Mirai Namjoon called his princess couldn't.

***

Author's note:

Namjoon's plan is working a bit too well and Mirai is on the verge of loosing herself. What will it take for her to snap out of it? Could it be too late?

Stay tuned for the next chapter where events take a dramatic turn (yes, another one!).

Fair warning; your feelings aren' safe in my hands! *cue sadistical laughter*

Thank you so much for reading! Big love and have a super day! :3