Chapter 34: Fall Out

Namjoon's classes lasted longer than Mirai on Wednesdays, so she had the habit of waiting for him at the school gate

Namjoon's classes lasted longer than Mirai on Wednesdays, so she had the habit of waiting for him at the school gate. As per usual, she was standing there with a smile when Namjoon walked out, but this time, she was right next to a red scooter.

''When did you buy a scooter?'' Namjoon asked.

''Who said anything about buying anything?'' Mirai said with a cheeky grin.

''You stole it? It's not like you can't afford one...'' Namjoon scolded the girl.

''Pfff.. That kid didn't know how to drive, he almost hit me on the sidewalk, borrowing his ride was the least I could do to teach him a lesson...''

Namjoon shook his head with a chuckle.

''You should go put it back where you stole it...''

''Yeah-yeah... but first I'm giving you a ride!'' She said before handing Namjoon a helmet.

''There's only one helmet, you need one too!''

''Everyone knows your brain is worth more than mine, Mr futur-lawyer!'' the girl joked.

Namjoon took the helmet and secured it on her head.

''You're too cute to end up disfigured. Now try not to crash, I don't want my expensive brain sprawled out on the sidewalk...'' Namjoon said before climbing behind Mirai on the scooter.

''Or course!'' The girl said before zooming off.

Namjoon quickly hung onto her waist as she sped up even more.

''Wasn't that a stop sign?'' Namjoon asked.

''Sshhhh, driver drives, shotgun shuts up.''

Surprisingly, they made it to the park alive. Mirai took off her helmet and shook her messy hair from side to side, the view made Namjoon's heart leap.

He leaned in to kiss her, but she quickly dodged him and made a run for it as Namjoon started chasing her through the trees.

''We can't be caught kissing; my father would have a heart attack!'' Mirai joked.

''Don't you think he knows by now? I practically live at the Kuromiya residence?'' Namjoon replied already out of breath from their chase.

Mirai stopped at the foot of a large oak tree; the one where they had first promised they would never part.

''When he'll realise we're doing more than ''homework'' in my room we'll both hear about it; you can be sure of that!'' Mirai said as Namjoon pushed her back against the tree, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

''I can deal with your father scolding me. It's a small price to pay for a girl like you...'' Namjoon said teasingly.

''Pff... cheesy fucker...'' Mirai said, flustered, before he trapped her lips into a heated kiss.