Chapter 29: Write it Right

Mirai woke up stretching and wincing at her painful back, but Namjoon was already up.

''Morning, princess. Slept well?''

Mirai nodded and rubbed her eyes.

''When I talk to you I want a spoken answer, okay baby?'' Namjoon said in the tone of a threat.

''I slept well, happy now?'' Mirai replied coldly.

''Still have some work to do with that attitude, but it'll do for now... Now get dressed.'' Namjoon said before handing her a sexy cobalt blue dress.

''Are we going somewhere?'' Mirai asked, surprised. She thought for sure she would be locked in their room again after her getting her scheme against Namjoon.

''Of course not, princess...''

''I thought so, then why would I bother getting dressed up?''

''Because I said so.'' Namjoon said before also picking out a pair of shoes for her to wear.

''I don't get it...''

''Here's the thing princess... I've been giving you too much freedom, that's probably why you got the silly idea you could go behind my back and misuse the trust I so gracefully gifted you... So I'm taking it back.

''Every decision you were allowed to make on your own, I'll make for you from now own; from what you do with every second of your time, down to what you wear. You've lost your say over everything in your life until I decide that you've earned your lesson. That should teach you how to be grateful....'' Namjoon explained in a condescending tone while softly paying with a strand of Mirai's hair.

She pushed his hand away

''You son of a-''

''I wouldn't use such foul language if I were you. You've just got out of that cellar and I'd hate to lock you in there again. You see, since you've disappointed me so much, I expect impeccable behavior of you, from now own. Am I being clear?'' Namjoon added with a smile but his eyes full of threats.

At the thought of being locked in the cellar again Mirai's hair rose on her arms.

Namjoon had always been a very meticulous person, too meticulous. Deep down she had always known he was a bit of a control freak, but she never expected it to be this bad.

''I'll only say his once Namjoon, but you have issues. Big ones.''

''If I were you I'd worry about my own problems.'' The man said before walking over to the room's huge bookshelf.

'' Hermann Hesse's Demian; my mother's favourite book, probably my favourite book too... I've read it so many times the pages are getting scorned... Fortunately for you, with all this time on your hands you have nothing better to do than copy it down for me...

I'll have someone come check up on your periodically, if they come and you're doing something else besides writing your life away, needless to say you'll be in huge trouble.'' Namjoon said while setting the book on the room's desk along with a stack of paper and a couple of pens.

Mirai's own father used to punish Namjoon and her by having them copy quotes from The Art of War when they got into trouble as kids.

She had to give Namjoon credit on this one; he had come up with quite the poetic/ironic punishment for her.

''Anything else I can do for you, your majesty?'' Mirai asked sarcastically.

''As you might have noticed there's no corrector on the desk, that means if you make a mistake, you'll have to scrap the page and start over; so you might as well take your time. It'll be a good opportunity to work on your calligraphy since yours has always been messy. A perfect wife should have an elegant handwriting, don't you think?'' Namjoon said almost sadistically.

***

Namjoon's attempt at making Mirai loose her mind was going along great.

She was dressed in a fancy skin-tight dress and painfully high heels, surrounded by balled up sheets of paper, her hands were stained with ink, her wrist aching and her handwriting as painfully messy as ever.

It was a boring, angering and humiliation experience; all at once! She felt like a complete fool and there was nothing she could do about it.

She couldn't go back to the cellar, making an escape from there was impossible. She had to manage to stay in their room long enough to figure out her breakout.

Eventually lunch hour arrived and Namjoon popped into their room with a tray.

''How is the writing going beautiful?'' He asked before setting the tray down.

Mirai looked at the food with a blank expression.

Now she wasn't a picky eater; but due to her status she was used to her 3 daily meals being cooked by chefs and always being excellent. Things had been no different at Namjoon's place, he always liked the finer things in life and that included tasty/fancy restaurant level food every day.

But today, in front of Mirai stood a bowl of plain white rice and some boiled veggies.

It was a balanced meal, but a serious stepdown from she was was used to.

Not only is the jerk treating me like a prisoner but now he's also serving me prison food. Mirai thought to herself while pretending not to notice Namjoon's clear attempt at pissing her off.

But two could play at mind games.

''I was just feeling like a bumpy sausage in this tight dress.... I haven't done much exercise these days so it's only natural... Did I really put on so much weight?'' Mirai said looking down at herself in a fake disgusted expression.

Namjoon's eyes widened in shock.

''No! Of course not you look great! You haven't gained an ounce!'' He replied instinctively; he had always hated it when Mirai talked down on her looks.

''Why am I on a diet then?'' she asked innocently, still feigning being hurt.

''It's not a diet it's a... it's a...'' Namjoon muttered.

He was okay with serving her bland food as punishment, but admitting he was doing it just to piss her off; he couldn't admit.

''It's an honest mistake! I just brought you the side dishes and forgot the main dish!'' he said, before getting up abruptly. ''Do you want some dessert too?''

''I don't think dessert is a good idea... My thighs are getting quite wide...'' Mirai lied while grabbing one of her thigh.

''Your thighs are perfect! Stop saying nonsense I'm bringing dessert and the rest of your meal...'' Namjoon said before storming off.

Mirai crossed her legs and smirked. That was almost too easy...

Mirai was still feeling cocky from the stunt she pulled on Namjoon to avoid eating her boring meal and savouring both her victory and her well-earned dessert, while the man picked up the stack of paper she had been working on.

''Oops...'' the man said.

''What?'' Mirai asked, mouth half-full of lime pie.

''You wrote it in blue ink. Black ink is much more professional and readable.'' He stated in a matter of fact tone before putting her stack of paper in the trash. ''It's alright, princess, I'm not mad you can just start again...''

Mirai almost choked on her bite, in disbelief. 

What a short lived victory...

***

Author's note: Things are going along great aren't they? xP Namjoon is slowly but steadily trying to brainwash Mirai. Do you think he'll succeed?

Thanks you some much for reading so far; worry not; next chapter should have some more action!

Hope you have a good day! :3