Chapter 35:Truth Unfolds

Watching the Kuromiya residence burn was a painful experience; like all of her childhood going up in flames.

But it was a necessary sacrifice.

The only way to win against Namjoon was to play her cards well and although this was a low hit, setting up a trap like this one was the smartest thing she could do as a Yakuza leader.

The loss on Namjoon's side were probably devastating, his men would still be in shock from the event and their trust in their leader; shaken. Namjoon was a smart one and his closest men were talented so she doubted he was dead, but he was sure to feel quite guilty for walking his men into her trap...

Mirai held her father's copy of The Art of War and looked at Takahashi.

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity..." she quoted calmly.

''What's the nest step lady Kuromiya?'' her bodyguard asked.

''He brought most of his men to the Kuromiya residence, that's means the manor is defenseless...''

''You can't mean...''

''An eye for an eye. If my home burns, so does his. Be sure to grab his computer on the way out; having the information on all of his contacts could come in quite handy. Our men can also take whatever expensive trinket fits their fancy as reward for their services; except for the cars. They're all worth a small fortune and we'll sell them to finance our future activities...'' Mirai explained.

''You've changed...'' Takahashi said with a soft smile.

''What do you mean? I'm only doing what's best for the Kuromiya clan...'' she said, a bit defensive.

''Precisely. It's weird to see my young lady so matured and sure of herself. This whole kidnapping experience, I thought it would weaken you; but you seem stronger than when you left. That can only mean you've suffered a lot.... I just want to make sure that you really want to go through with this war. Nobody would blame you if you decided to pass the torch and leave the country for a more... normal... life. Whatever you chose, I will stay by your side and help you...''

''Do you believe in fate Takahashi?''

''I'm not sure about those things...''

''Nobody could ever face Namjoon, he was always too smart for his own good, always one step ahead... But fate brought Namjoon and I together. I'm the only one he cares for and the only one he can't predict. I used to think we were soulmates, but our link is different. We're both sides of the same coin, equally determined, equally cunning, equally prideful. We're the perfect rivals; because I'm the only one that has a shot at actually defeating him. I have never been so sure about about anything is my life; facing Namjoon head one, as equals... it's my destiny...

This may very well end bloody... you don't have to follow me if you think fighting Bangtan is suicide...''

''If you say this war is your fate, then it is my fate too. I've protected you since you were a child and I'll keep protecting you as long as I live...''

''You're the only family I have left besides my father, I don't want to lose you...''

''Your father and yourself are the only family I've ever had...

''You could of taken a wife and have kids of your own...I never had a mother... and my father did his best but he was a busy man so we weren't as close as I would have wished for... but with you around; I was never lonely... You took better care of me on your own than a lot of parents do together.. even tho you didn't have to...''

''I have no regrets...I married my job and I got to see the most precious child of all grow up by my side... What more could have a normal life brought me?