Chapter 44 : Turn of Events

The guests were fine with the explanation that Mirai was a lightweight when it came to alcohol. She was a lady after all, so the men easily bought the idea that she had a fragile constitution. 

Misogyny did have a few advantages...

As Namjoon and Jin were chatting with the guests to dissipate the doubts of something being off, the rest of Bangtan were busy investigating the origin of the spiked drink.

Hoseok immediately asked to see the cup she had drank from and was surprised to see that barman had already not only taken it away, but also washed it. It was unusual for a drink that expensive to be discarded so quickly without a second thought.

He walked up to Namjoon and whispered.

''How careful is Mirai with her drinks, usually? Do you think she would have left it unattended long enough for someone to put something in it?'' Hoseok asked.

''Mirai isn't dumb, she wouldn't leave her drink unattended and if she had any doubts she would just throw the drink away, she can afford to get another one. Yoongi was vigilant enough that he even counted her drinks, I'm surprised he didn't see when something was put in.'' Namjoon explained.

''What if no one touched her drink besides the barman...'' Hoseok said, his expression turning serious.

Namjoon gave one glare in the direction of the bar and he met the barman's eyes.

''Yeah... it can only be him... But what's the motive? He clearly didn't intend to bring her in his bed, he just let her leave and he saw me with her ... he must be working for someone else... It had to be someone powerful enough to figure out who would work here tonight and hire them... But then with such a close access, why roofie her... they could have straight up killed her... it doesn't make any sense...'' Namjoon thought out loud.

''Whoever did this apparently didn't want her dead...'' Hoseok said, deep in thought.

Namjoon's eyes lit up.

''They didn't want her dead, they wanted her out of the reception while I was stuck in here! It was a trap and we walked right into it!'' Namjoon explained before dashing out of the reception while dialling Yoongi.

''The caller you are trying to reach is currently unavailable....''

Fuck, what the only coherent thought Namjoon managed to muster.

***

Yoongi was carrying Mirai out, with her leaning on his shoulder. She wasn't particularly heavy, but she was as tall as him so she wasn't easy to drag either.

He called over a valet to bring his keys, but instead the young man in a valet uniform pulled out a gun, aimed straight at Mirai's head while another ''valet'' opened the back door of a black car.

Yoongi didn't have time to reach for his gun before someone appeared from behind and put a rag over his face. He tried to clutch onto Mirai's limp form as she was ripped away from him and darkness engulfed him.

***

Mirai didn't even have the strength to be surprised when she woke up cuffed on a chair in a dark room. Whatever drug they had given her had left her head fuzzy and the room was spinning around her.

Thinking was hard enough, but she had to focus if she wanted to live through this.

First priority; get out of these cuffs. Second priority; get out of wherever she was.

Great plan, very elaborate... she thought sarcastically.

By rubbing her legs together she could feel that her gun and knife had been taken from her holster. She verified the tightness of her cuffs, making her chains click. They were too tight, even by dislocating her thumbs she wouldn't be able to get them off.