Chapter 28 : Push and Pull

When the cellar door opened, the light was so blinding Mirai had to cover her eyes.

''What happened to your hands, princess? What a troublesome girl, getting yourself hurt like that...'' Namjoon said, immediately noticing the blood on her fingers.

He crouched in the entrance of the cellar and opened his arms. ''Come on princess, get in my arms and tell me you love me. Just do that and we'll go back to our room like nothing happened...''

Mirai crawled over to Namjoon and let herself melt into his embrace as he repeatedly kissed the top of her head.

''I... love you...'' she said, her voice raspy from all the yelling she had done locked in that damn cellar.

''I love you too, princess...'' Namjoon said with a proud smile as he lifted her up into his arms.

He thought he had won this time around but it was far from it.

Mirai knew that the only way she could escape was out of their shared room, so she had to step on her pride to get out of that cellar.

Back in their room, Namjoon sat her on their bed and cleaned the cuts on her fingers himself.

''Why didn't you get Jin to patch me up, isn't he your go to nurse?''

''I'm fixing my own mistake... It's my fault for locking you in there without proper restrains, if I had handcuffed you, you wouldn't have ended up hurt in your panic... I'm sorry about that...'' Namjoon explained.

''Are you actually apologising to me?''

''Don't get used to it... I'm only apologising about your hands getting hurt, you getting locked in that cellar was entirely your own fault...''

''Asides from the part about handcuffing me, that almost sounded like you care for my wellbeing...''

''Your wellbeing has always been my first priority... You should know I'd never let you get hurt physically...'' Namjoon said insulted at Mirai thinking he would ever harm her. ''Besides, it's only normal for you fiancé to take care of you...'' he added while struggling with a bandage by getting it stuck to his own fingers instead of Mirai's.

Mirai helped him get his fingers out of the sticky mess he had created with a corner smile.

''You're still a clutz, at least that much hasn't changed...'' she said, nostalgically.

''You know what else hasn't changed?''

''What?''

''The way you make me feel... You're the only one I can't think of rationally. I can predict the next move of everyone around me, but you... you're still a complete mystery... What are you thinking, what do you want, how can I make you love me again? Everything you are is yet another question I can't answer, it's terrifying and thrilling all at once...'' Namjoon said staring at Mirai with intensity.

''I don't know if I could ever love you again...'' Mirai said honestly, while returning Namjoon's gaze.

''Oh Mirai... You know that's simply not true... If there really was no love between us, we wouldn't be this good at hurting each other...'' Namjoon said in a matter of fact tone.

Mirai's jaw dropped. He wasn't wrong, no matter how much she hated him, a part of her heart would always belong to Namjoon.

He was the only one she had ever loved, her only true friend...

Nothing could ever destroy her memory of the sweet child she had fallen for... not even the ruthless mafia boss that had taken his place.

''Maybe you're right, maybe I do love you... but it doesn't mean I don't also hate you...''

Namjoon closed the space between them and put a chaste kiss on the top of her head, then one on her forehead and one on her cheek...

''You can hate me all you want Mirai, but promise me one thing; never love another one but me...'' Namjoon pleaded while putting a soft kiss in her neck then one on her collar bone.

''Only if you swear the same thing...'' Mirai said, fighting the chills Namjoon's touch was creating on her skin as he pushed her sleeve aside to kiss her shoulder

''That's gonna be easy, I don't want anyone else but you.'' Namjon said with a dimpled smile that made Mirai's heart skip a beat.

''Cheeky fucker...''

''Don't blush like that, you'll make me horny...'' Namjoon said teasingly.

''You're always horny, you perv...'' Mirai muttered as Namjoon lifted her chin up, effectively making her flush a bright shade of magenta.

''Only around you...'' Namjoon said with a flirty wink.

''Why do our serious conversations always end up with you making some perverted comment or joke?'' Mirai said with a cute pout.

That was too much to bear for Namjoon and he pushed her on the bed, straddling her.

''I don't know any other way to relieve the unbearable sexual tension between us...''

Mirai was breathless. Namjoon and her had their fair share of issues, but the chemistry between them was undeniable, like a tidal wave of electricity pulling them together.

''I know another way...'' Mirai said before wrapping her arms around Namjoon's neck.

***

Author's note: Namjoon and Mirai's relashionship is getting messier and messier. Their feelings are both intense and contradictory; and that's not a good mix...

What do uou think will happen next? Will Namjoon take it easy on Mirai or will he give her an even harder time than before?

Thank you so much for reading; as usual and have yourself a lovely day! :)