Chapter Seven: Bloodletting

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

" Kayla, stay with me! Stay with us !"

Dad looked down at me, frantic and trying his best to keep me awake, but it was getting harder and harder with the blood pouring out of my wound. I coughed, cringing at the taste of crimson blood building up in my throat. Dad took his jacket out, applying pressure, and trying his best to save me.

" Is she alive ?"

I could tell the cries came from my own brother standing maybe two feet away crying. I wanted to say I was okay and tell him to at least look away, but the blood in my throat only made me cough more and more.

" Who the hell are you ?! You see what you did ?! Do you see what you did ?!"

" I didn't...I didn't s-see her."

The voices came from Shane and the hunter that had shot me. Pure rage flared through Shane while the hunter was scared shitless. It was getting harder to breathe; the more blood went into my throat. I coughed, getting some on the corner of my mouth. My father saw this and cried harder, shaking.

" Shane...I-I don't know...Shane, I don't k-know."

" There's a farm. Two miles from here."

" Where ?!"

" North."

Dad scooped me in his arms, running for my dear life. Every bump and movement cause me to groan loudly, being the only sound I could ever make.

" I know, Kayla. I know."

That sounds I was making had caused him to run after holding onto my legs and side tightly. My stomach burned with the sharp hole rubbing against my dad's chest and my clothes. I cringed again, wanting this to be over already.

" Move shit, head !" Shane screamed, causing Dad to spin around. I looked up at him, seeing the terror in his eyes. I could only imagine how he was feeling. I couldn't imagine watching my child get shot and bleed out like this.

" How far ?! How far ?!"

" That way, ask for Hershel. Tell him Otis sent you." He pointed out of breath. Dad didn't hesitate to spin around and run again.

" Dad, is she alive? Is she okay ?"

I had almost forgotten Carl was with us. I turned a bit in Dad's arms seeing my poor little brother bawling his eyes out while trying to keep up the pace dad was running. I felt the fragments of the bullet dig deeper and deeper into my skin. I let out a cry seeing the black dots engulf my vision.

" d...daddy ?" I whispered. He looked down at me twice before shaking his head.

" Kayla...Kayla, keep your eyes open! Kayla !"

┏━━━━━━Rick's Pov━━━━━━┓

Seeing Kayla's eyes slowly close, I knew it was only a matter of time before she would be dead. My legs picked up speed seeing the white house in the distance with a whole family bow coming out.

" Is she bit ?"

" Shot by your man." I cried, seeing the shocked look on all of there faces.

" Otis ?!"

" Please, it's my daughter !"

" Maggie, get my stuff." The man said, rushing me inside to a room with a big white bed. I laid Kayla on the bed and hold her hand.

" What's your name ?"

" I'm...I'm Rick."

" Rick, I will take care of your daughter, but you need to leave." The old man said, looking deep into my eyes. I knew he was telling the truth and nodded, hearing the sound of my son cry.