Chapter Twenty Eight: I Ain't A Judas

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

" We're not leaving." Dad said grabbing his gun.

After my little punch off, we went back in and try to solve what to do about the Governor. Daryl stood next to me on the cat walk and I hated every minute of it. He would slowly try to move closer to me and I would take a step away knowing if I didn't, I was going to punch him again.

" We can't stay." Hershel stressed.

" What if there's another sniper after us ?" Maggie asked looking worried. We were all worried for the group knowing we couldn't even go outside without being shot at." A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds."

" We can't even go outside." Beth groaned.

" Not in the daylight." I suggested nodding my head to my father." At night we could easily hide out there for watch."

" If Rick says we're not running we are not running." Mom defended helping Dad with the guns.

" No, better to live like rats in here." Merle said leaning against the cold metal bars making me glare at him.

" You started this !" I yelled feeling Daryl grab my arm and quickly pulled it away glaring at him." Don't touch me!"

Daryl was hurt, but I ignored his eyes looking back to the group seeing they were all wide eye from me snapping on Daryl so harshly.

" We ain't scared of those pricks." Daryl muttered.

" If they think they can come in here and hurt my family, I'll kill them my damn self." I snapped seeing it made Merle laugh.

" Y'all should be worried." Merle said looking at our group." That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

Maggie glared at Merle." Let's put him in the other cell block. I'm tired of his voice."

" No, he's got a point." Daryl protested, but I rolled me eyes.

" Of course you would agree" I spat

" Kayla, please." Daryl begged, but I laughed loudly looking back to him.

" I don't have to do shit you say! Okay, you lost that when you left me and even when you had me, you didn't have that authority!" I snapped gripping the railing in front of me.

" What difference whose fault it is ?" Mom asked looking over to Dad." What do we do ?"

" I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Hershel said calmly while Dad nodded and looked to Mom.

" We can't leave. Just not right now. You are in no shape to run and we have a baby to protect." Dad said seeing Hershel nodded." For right now, Jen and I will take watch and look for anything."

With the meeting over, I turned around heading for my cell only to see it was a mess from my breakdown. I had forgotten I changed cells and went towards it when Daryl blocked my path.

" Kayla-"

" Save it, Dixon. I'm done with you." I said and he shook his head glancing to the cell when he made a double take.

" What the hell happen in here ?" Daryl asked while staring at the pool of blood. His eyes moved to my bandaged arm and lightly grabbed it when I pulled back again." I made you do this ?"

" It's called breaking someone's heart that loved you." I explained feeling my emotion get the better of me." Do you remember when you loved me? What happened? Was I just not enough?"