Chapter Fifty Five: Conquer

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

I couldn't think straight. How could I? I didn't know what to think when I saw Dad beating up Pete Anderson. I didn't know what to consider when he pulled a gun on everyone. All I knew was nothing was going to be the same. I knew for a fact my child was going to be in danger with whatever outcome came. Kicking out, Dad would also kick us out. I was wrong the whole time. Being on the road would be precisely what Lori did when pregnant with Judith.

Being kicked out also had me worried about Daryl. If we got kicked out tomorrow, there was a big chance I would never see Daryl again. He wasn't supposed to come back for another two weeks. That part was the reason I was hunched over a toilet spilling my guts out. I flushed the toilet before rinsing my mouth, feeling the cold water against my lips. Spitting in the sink, I dried my mouth before opening the bathroom door and walking down, seeing Carol and Glenn.

" Hey."

" We're going to see your Dad," Glenn said.

I paused, taking in the idea. I didn't know how I felt seeing him now. A part of me was angry with him for publicly fighting and pulling a gun on us, but the other half knew why. Pete had physically torn them apart for years. I grew up without my actual mother because of him.

" Your Mom is already watching Luke for you."

" Okay." I swallowed." I'll come with you."

Carol nodded, being the first one to leave. Glenn held the door open for me, and I walked out, feeling the cold air hit my skin. I didn't bother to pull my jacket close to my chest. My baby bump had started to protrude, but I was certain it wasn't enough for people to guess correct on the first try. We walked into the underground cell seeing Abraham there.

He nodded before moving out the way and letting Glenn open the door. I walked right behind Carol and saw my Dad. He had stitches all over his face, and his hand was wrapped due to cuts from glass. He looked at me once before looking away almost in disappointment, and I couldn't understand why.

" Where'd you get the gun ?" Michonne asked, not bothering to change to a different subject.

" You took it, right ?" Carol innocently asked." From the armory? That was stupid. Why did you do it ?"

I read right through her. I now knew how Carol worked. She was sneaky. I knew she helped Dad with the guns, it was clear on her face.

Dad shrugged his shoulders." Just in case."

" Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to."

" To kick Rick out ?" Abraham asked.

I turned to him and nodded." To try." I said, looking to Dad, but he did not even look or glance to me." I don't get it. Why kick my Dad out when they should really be kicking out the guy abusing women?"

" Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's gonna find out what it is." Glenn assured, seeing the stress on my face.

" At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused, and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You say you'll do whatever you want them to. Just tell them a story that they want to hear. It's what I've been doing since I got here." Carol explained.

" Why ?"

" Because these people are children and children like stories."

Abraham looked down to his shoes before looking over to Carol." What happens after all the nice words, and they still try to kick him out ?"