Chapter Sixty Six: Twice As Far

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

" What if I fall ?"

I laughed at the small little boy in front of me while Daryl carefully strapped the helmet onto his tiny head. It had been a week since we killed all the Saviors, and now we were back to focusing on what was in front of us. Today, we were teaching Luke how to ride a bike. It still had training wheels, but Luke still had the fear that he would fall off and scrape himself against the concrete street.

" Now, you know I would never let that happen." Daryl chuckled, slapping the top of the helmet to double-check it was secure." Alright, little man, ready ?"

" How do you move it ?" Luke asked, pedaling his legs backward, causing me to laugh.

" Here, you place both your feet on the pedals." I explained placing his feet on top of it." Now your hands go on the handles and you need to have a firm grip."

Luke nodded his head placing his hands on the handles with a tight grip before giggling," Now, I look like Daddy."

" You really do." Daryl laughed." Now, all you have to do is push your feet on the pedals and off you go."

Luke pressed his feet down on the pedals beginning to pedal slowly, but before I knew it, he was starting to go faster and started to do little circles in the street. Tears came to my eyes and I placed my hand on my heart, not believing what I was seeing.

" Wow, they really do grow up."

Daryl wrapped his arms around my waist and I smiled needing the warmth since it was getting closer outside." Before we know it, he'll be riding one of my motorcycles."

" Daryl." A voice called and I turned to see Rosita walk up the sidewalk with Denise armed with gear." Denise needs us for something."

" What do you want?" Daryl asked causing Denise to swallow and move her glasses around.

" I need your help on a supply run." She began to explain unfolding a map in her hand." After I got out of DC, I just drove. I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique."

" I don't get it." I interrupted pulling my jacket closer to my body." What could be there ? Medicines ?"

" It's just this little gift shop strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs."

" How'd you know they still got 'em ?" Daryl questioned.

" It isn't that far. I just want to check." Denise explained." And you, Rosita, aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts. Plus, it says that next to this little apothecary is a Babies R Us. We can find a lot of baby stuff for your own child and things that can help Kayla."

" We'll go," I said already feeling excited.

" Kayla, the run is risky" Rosita warned, but I shook my head.

" Not when I have you guys. Plus, it's baby stuff. I always dreamed of going baby shopping, so please let me." I begged looking more towards Daryl and giving him the puppy eyes.

" Fine. Kayla, Rosita, and I will go."

" I wanted to check." Denise clarified nodding her head to both of us and even turned to Rosita." I just wanted to help."