Chapter Sixty Eight: Last Day On Earth

Jennifer's pov

" You'll be all right."

Daryl's body collided to the floor in a thunderous echo, and I could do nothing but watch in terror. I thrashed around to attempt and break free from the bondage, but everything was tightly forcing me to remain on the ground. The Saviors hauled Rosita and Daryl to the center of the camp, and from here I could see Daryl was bleeding out.

" Please!" I begged, chewing on the rag around my mouth for the Saviors to hear me. Blood was trickling through his leather jacket staining around his neck and arms like rivers." Dwight!"

The blonde man rolled his eyes staring at me, but I scowled right back at his desperately gnawing on the rag and bringing it further down my mouth in order to speak.

" He's dying! I need to stop the bleeding!"

" Didn't you hear me? He'll be all right." Dwight spat, but I shook my head.

" Not with a wound like that." I declared, staring at Dwight and getting frustrated." He has a child, dammit! A child needs their father, Dwight!"

Dwight gazed at me for a moment longer before rolling his eyes once again and sauntering over to me. My eyes locked to Daryl, and I quickly thought of his injuries while Dwight untied the rope burning against my wrist.

" Five minutes."

Scrambling on my hands and knees, I immediately got to Daryl touching his face and seeing his eyes weakly flutter open," Oh, thank god."

" K-Kayla."

" Try not to talk." I assured him noticing he was trying to form words only, making him exhale harder." It's okay. She's safe. She's okay. I'm going to help you."

He tried to speak again, but I shook my head, shredding a piece of his shirt and tying it around his shoulder. He cried out in agony, gripping my wrist the best he could, but I shook it off, pulling at his vest, grateful the bullet had gone straight through.

" T-take care of the baby." He strangled out, causing me to tense.

I looked into his eyes, shaking my head," Stop."

" And Luke..."

" Daryl Dixon, you are not dying." I declared clamping down on his wound to utilize some pressure." You hear me? You are going to be just fine, and you are going to get back to your family. I promise you that."

" Tell her...tell her...I love her."

" Daryl, stop." I whimpered, feeling my hands begin to quiver at his words." We all didn't fight for this long just for you to say that. I mean it. You will be a father, and you will see your baby, Kayla, and Luke again. I promise you that you will because I'll make sure of it."

Daryl cleared his throat, struggling to lift his arm, but he managed to squeeze my arm," I'm sorry." He garbled." I'm sorry."

I shook my head," There is nothing to be sorry about."

" My...my job was...to...p-protect them."

" And you are." I said, giving him a smile." You are still protecting them, Daryl."

Before I could say anything more, my shoulder was thrown back, and I yelped, being hauled through the dirt and back with Glenn and Michonne. Dwight came in front of me, stuffing the rag back into my mouth more tightly this time and smirked.

" Time's up." He snickered, moving around me and tying my hands back up.

Rick's pov

My hand curled around the stirring wheel, trying to get back to Alexandria as fast as I could. Jennifer had to be back by now with Daryl, and they both had to be with Kayla. Rounding the corner, I could see the gates of Alexandria if I just squinted my eyes a bit. How could so many people leave so suddenly? First Carol, then Daryl, then Jennifer with Glenn, Rosita, and Michonne.