Chapter Fifty One: Remember

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

Our group had just gotten to the place called Alexandria. I was holding Daryl's hand a bit nervous due to what happened at Terminus. Right now, I couldn't afford to be ripped open. We stopped by the gate when something rattled next to Daryl and I. Everyone jumped and aimed their gun only to see it was a possum. Daryl picked up the hairy animal with an arrow still through its stomach.

" We brought dinner," Daryl said, seeing a man at the gates stare at them oddly. I groaned and looked away from the dead animal.

" It's okay. Come on in, guys." Aaron said while everyone walked in.

I took one step, but stopped and closed my eyes. I didn't even feel myself falling backward till an arm was on my back. I opened my eyes quickly to see Daryl there. He was the only one to notice.

" You okay ?"

" Yeah. I-I just moved to fast. I'll be fine." I said, blinking a couple times before walking again, but Daryl still kept his arms around my waist. When we walked in, everyone saw how beautiful the place was. There were homes. Actual homes.

" Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons. Stay. You hand them over."

" We don't know if we want to stay," Dad said while holding a gun in one hand and Judith in the other. Mom stood right next to him with one eye open since the sun was a bit too much for her.

" It's fine, Nicholas."

' If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Mom said, seeing the man grow scared when she said that.

" Let them talk to Deanna first."

" Who's Deanna ?" Abraham yelled, making everyone turn to Aaron.

" She knows everything you'd want to know about this place." Aaron said and turned over to Dad."Rick, why don't you start ?"

Before the group could walk further, the sound of a walker snarling was heard. Everyone turned, seeing a walker coming towards the gate.

" Sasha," Dad called. The depressed women turned, seeing the walker and raised her gun, shooting it the minute the Alexandrian's were closing the gate." It's a good thing we're here."

The group had gone in one by one being interviewed by Deanna. When it was my turn, I sat on a couch, looking around a house that belonged to the founder of Alexandria. I felt uneasy, and it wasn't because I wanted to throw up.

A house, cleaned, was odd to see. I couldn't even remember how many years it's been since I been in one that looked normal. It felt good to be inside one.

" Hello." A woman said, walking in the room with a big smile. I felt a bit a shame since the women was clean while I was beyond dirty and had ripped clothes on."You must be Rick and Jennifer's daughter, Kayla. They told me so much about you."

" Uh, hi."

" Don't worry, sweetie. I just want to get to know the people here. My name is Deanna Monroe." Deanna said with a sweet smile while she sat down and crossed her legs.

" Kayla Dixon."

" Oh, I thought it was Grimes like your parents."

" I'm married to Daryl Dixon."

" Oh, how old are you ?" Deanna said, making me think about it a bit.

" I don't know. I was Twenty five when the turn happened. Twenty-six..maybe twenty-twenty seven."

" You seem...sick. I would stop by our doctor."

" I'm just a bit tired," I said, placing my hand over my stomach just a little.