Chapter Fifty Eight: Thank You

┏━━━━━━ Jennifer's pov ━━━━━━┓

" I know this sounds insane, but this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us. It's simple."

Rick stood on top of a car, looking down on us all with the plans on how we would take care of this problem. The growls of walkers surrounded us, and I looked over the edge of the hill to see down below stood over a thousand walkers.

" This is where it all starts tomorrow." He shouted over the deafening roar of walkers." Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit, and we're off. He hops out, catches with his team at red, staying at the west side of the road. Daryl gets on his bike-"

Whatever Rick had the plan to say was quickly cut short by the rumbling of rocks slowly coming down the side of the hill.

" You see that ?" I called out, pointing my finger.

Off in the distance was another set of semi-trucks blocking the walkers, but the barricades gave way the minute the semi-truck fell off into the quarry. Despite the semi falling on a large number of walkers, the other thousand started walking forward, breaking free.

" It's open !" Rick shouted, jumping down from the side and began rushing towards me." We have to do this now !"

I spun on my feet, turning over to Tobin, already seeing he was staring at me." Tobin's group, get moving. Go !" I ordered, and quickly his group nodded, sprinting on their feet.

" No, we're not ready !" A voice shouted, and I growled under my breath at the sight of Carter.

" Sasha! Abraham !" Rick called, racing over to them and ignoring Carter pleads.

" Damn straight, we'll do it alive !" The redhead shouted back at us.

" You meet Daryl at red. Let him take them through the gauntlet."

" Glenn! Where's Glenn ?!" I shouted, squinting my eyes to look through the dust that had built up.

" Jen !" He shouted, and I turned around, seeing he was running up to me." I'll hit up the tractor place."

" Be careful !" I shouted back, watching him run off with his group.

" Rick, this was supposed to be a dry run !" Carter shouted, and I turned around pissed, grabbing him by his collars.

" Look around! The quarry is open! We can't wait !" I shouted in his face before letting him go and turning to my husband.

" They're coming !" Daryl shouted, and I gasped, looking over to see the walkers had enough strength to move past the tight space.

" Tobin, fire on my signal !" Rick shouted." They're heading for home. We don't have a choice. Get ready to hit the flares! Now !"

One by one, the flares flew into the sky, and quickly Rick wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me back.

" Tobin hit the truck !" Rick shouted." Everyone else run !"

I nodded my head taking one final glance at the walkers sprinting up the hill after Morgan and Michonne. My heart was racing, and the only thing I could think about was Kayla, Carl, Luke, and Judith waiting back at Alexandria. They believed we had only gone on a dry run and would return for lunch, but now I didn't even know if we would return for dinner. The plan ideas had gone so well, and now it was all being scraped in the mud.

" You all have your assignments." Rick spoke, and I glimpsed over to see he was running and speaking into the radio." You know where to rendezvous. Daryl leads them out. Sasha and Abraham join him at the bottom of the hill. Glenn, you hit us when you take care of the walkers at the tractor place. That's the one thing we have to get ahead of. Everyone keep your heads. Just keep up."