Chapter Thirty Four: Infected

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

I woke up already seeing the sun's bright rays reflect off of the sheet we hung in front of the door. I carefully climbed out of bed and turned over to see Daryl was fast asleep and smiled, shaking my head before grabbing one of his shirts and placing it on. I grabbed my gun and started to walk off till somebody grabbed my arm.

" You really were going to leave without saying goodbye ?" He asked, slowly opening his one eye and looking at me.

" You looked like you needed the rest," I said, watching him sit up so I could sit on his lap.

" Rather, talk to my girlfriend." He said, and I laughed, nodding my head. He reached over the counter and pulled out his knife before handing it to me." I know you have one already, but I need you to be safe." He said and placed it in my knife holster.

" So do you?"

" Well, your more important." He said before kissing my lips." Be careful at cell block D."

" I know. I know." I said, getting up and hearing him laugh behind me.

" I love you."

" Who doesn't ?" I joked, hearing him laugh again at me.

┏━━━━━━ Jennifer's Pov ━━━━━━┓

I opened the hood to the abandoned car Rick had brought me a lot of time ago and stared expecting the engine. I always used to working on vehicles with Shane back in the day and had a feeling I could turn this car into real horsepower.

" Hey." I heard and turned, seeing Daryl come over with breakfast. He handed a plate out for me, and I smiled, taking it from his hands.

" Thanks."

" Still working on this hunk of junk ?" He said, and I playfully rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

" Please. The only hunk of junk here is you."

" Ouch." He said, licking his fingers before pointing to the engine." Looks like it needs a gas cap."

" That's what I was thinking." I said, wiping my hands and crossing them over my chest." Looks like next run Ima need it."

" Why don't you take it from Zach's ?" Daryl asked, and I looked over to the black car that belonged to the dead man.

" Because." I said, closing the hood." I like Zach's car."

Daryl looked at me before laughing." You want it, don't you."

" Is it bad if I do ?" I asked when I heard gunshots coming from in the prison. I turned around quickly, hearing three more.

" Come on," Daryl said, forgetting about his breakfast and running to the courtyard.

" Help !" Lizzie yelled, running out of the door that lead to Cell Block D." Help !"

" Walkers in D !" Glenn yelled, running right by us. Daryl and I froze before turning to each other.

" Kayla's in there." He said when Rick ran over worried.

" What about C !"

" Clear, we locked the gates to the tombs." Sasha confirmed, coming out of the doors." I ain't a breach."

" Jennifer, run down and watch Carl !" Rick yelled, taking his gun out of his waistband." Check for any clues on how walkers got inside !"

I nodded and turned on my heels down to the dirt path when I heard a whistle and turned to see Carl down at the gates struggling to pull the cord while Michonne got off her horse ready to fight.