Chapter Nine: Cherokee Rose

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov━━━━━━┓

I woke up confused, not feeling as much pain as I did when I got shot. My stomach was tapped up with a light red seeping through, but it was pretty bandaged to even show. I remember Carl and I standing in the woods when the bullet hit me, but everything else was a blur. I sat up a bit, cringing at the slight pain in my stomach.

" Is she here ?"

I knew that southern accident from anywhere. The door opened, and in comes him. Daryl Dixon worried as ever when looking at me and some how finding a smirk on his face.

" Hey, there beautiful." He whispered, but I heard him and smiled the best I could still feeling groggy and weak.

" Hey." I weakly said, moving my hand up a bit so he could come over.

He came over carefully, kissing the top of my head, scared he would break me, but I smiled, grabbing his arm with the little strength I had to tell him I was okay.

" Thought I'll never see you again."

" I'm a Grimes. No bullet stops us." I said, laughing, and he smirked while sitting in the chair near my bed.

" Don't ever do that again."

" I can't promise." I said, earning a smirk from Daryl." I'm so glad you're here."

" Everyone's here. We're all really worried about you." Daryl said when he moved to his pocket, showing me a dead violet in his pocket that had been picked a long time ago." I...uh. I got you this when you got shot. Didn't think I wouldn't see you for that long."

" Thanks, Dixon." I laughed, hearing more steps from the hall, and looked to see Mom and Dad.

" Oh, Kayla !" Mom cried, rushing over to my side and holding my hand.

Daryl nodded to me before leaving to allow some privacy, but I didn't want him to leave. I kept my eye on him until Mom blocked my vision. Dad moved some hair from my face smiling widely.

" How are you feeling, princess ?"

" A bit sleepy and weak, but where am I ?""

" Hershel's farm. He's the doctor that saved you." Mom said, and I nodded, shifting a bit from the pain.

" Does it hurt ?" Dad asked, seeing the face I was making when I moved.

" A bit, but don't worry. I'll be fine." I said, seeing the worry spread on their faces.

We talked for a bit till they went to the funeral for the man who both shot and saved me. I took a long four-hour nap until I took the chance. I slowly got up, feeling the throb in my stomach before my two feet planted on the ground. It was a bit hard to breathe, but I slowly got up, feeling my legs shake before I collapsed on my knees.

" Kayla !" Someone yelled, running over and carefully placing their arms under me. I looked to Daryl and shook my head, standing on my feet once again.

" Daryl, I'm okay."

" You just been shot. You need to rest."

" I rested for two days now. Hand me my bag." I said, but he didn't move. I huffed, staring at him before he rolled his eyes, grabbing my bag for me.

" So stubborn."

" Get used to it," I said, carefully going to the bathroom and changing into loose-fitting clothes, so it didn't affect my stitches.

I still can't believe I got shot. Who the hell gets shot? My hands lightly moved over the bandage and I took a deep breath. Me. I'm the type of person to get shock because I love those around me. I came out seeing Daryl still there waiting for me. The minute he saw me, he placed his arm carefully on my opposite side, guiding my outside.