Chapter Fifty Three: Spend

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

I woke up hearing the light breeze coming through my window, followed by it dancing across my skin. Daryl and I had gotten married a week ago now, but it was always the first thing I thought about when I woke up.I opened my eyes, seeing it was morning, and turned about to cuddle to Daryl only to feel the bed cold. I frown and sat up before thinking.

His Run

I pulled the covers off and quickly got dressed, making sure to fix my hair and brush my teeth before exiting the house. I went to the main gate and saw Daryl setting his bike and ensuring he had everything he needed. Aaron saw me and smiled before packing the back of the car more.

" You really were going to leave without saying goodbye ?" I asked, stopping behind my husband." Man, you have a very bad habit."

Daryl turned, cleaning his hands from the dirt." I didn't want to wake up. You seemed peaceful after throwing up all last night." He stated." I thought a kiss on the forehead was enough."

I answered." Well, you were wrong."

Daryl looked up to see me biting my lip and the uneasy look in my eyes that I couldn't hide." You know, I don't have to go out there."

" No, you do." I corrected it." There are good people out there that need saving."

" Yeah, but you and the baby are more important." Daryl convinced, lightly grabbing me by the waist and bringing me closer.

I laughed, moving some of my hair behind my ear." Go. Of course, I'm going to be worried, but I know you need to go out there. We'll be fine too. We have my parents, Carl, Maggie, and Glenn. Believe me, I'll be okay."

" I love you, Kayla."

" I love you too," I promised before leaning in and catching him into a kiss. He smiled before bending down to my bump.

" You too, booger." He laughed." Protect your mother while I'm gone."

Daryl gave one final smile before getting on his bike and starting it up. Spencer opened the gate and gone, they were. I placed my hand on my bump and took a deep breath hoping everything went well. I hope they found food given I was eating every in sight.

I turned and went straight to the school, opening the doors and seeing the kids sitting already. I was cleared to teach since I didn't look like a skeleton before. In terms, I was back to my average weight and gained fifteen pounds, then I usually weighed before I was pregnant. An hour later, when Glenn walked into the school, seeing I sitting in front of the kids reading.

" One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor, and the doctor said ?"

" No more monkey's jumping on the bed !" The kids cheered, making me laughed. I looked up, seeing Glenn, and looked back to the kids.

" Okay, guys, go home. Be safe."

" Yay !" They cheered once again, grabbing their bags and racing out. I walked over to Glenn, seeing he was smiling.

" You're really good with kids."

" Well, I have to be." I commented." What brings you here ?"

" We're going on a run, but we're running low on people coming. I wanted you to come since you come on like every run, and I know I can trust you."

" Oh." I thought, not knowing what exactly to say. Only Daryl and Carl knew about the pregnancy, and I knew if I told Glenn, his big mouth would run off and tell half of Alexandria. I also knew me not going would stir up thoughts and be significantly out of place. Talk between there group would grow." Sure! I'll come."