Chapter Forty Five: Four Walls And A Roof

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

" Kayla, wake up !"

I shot up from the bench, hearing the urgency in the tone and met Dad and Mom's eyes. The Church was found empty, and the only lighting this time came from the moonlight outside.

" Dad, what happened?"

" Daryl's missing." Mom said, and in seconds, I was already lacing up my boots." Has he told you if he was going somewhere ?"

" No, he didn't," I answered, checking my gun for bullets before closing it and checking next for my knife.

Dad sighed," Carol, Bob, Sasha, and Daryl are missing. We can't find them anywhere."

" I'm heading out now," I said, getting out of the row and outside, hearing my parents not so far behind. Tyreese heard the church doors slam and turned from his post following." How long ago do you think they left ?"

" An hour. Maybe two." Tyreese answered while I turned my flashlight on, pointing it towards the woods.

" Don't worry. Maybe they went to find a car or have a smoke." Mom said, putting her hand on my shoulder, but I shook my head.

" One, Daryl quit smoking along time ago because I was worried about him. Second, both those activities they would have told someone about."

A gunshot had gone off loudly, and I paused, knowing someone in our group was in danger.

" Over there! " Dad yelled, and I ran after him seeing it was Sasha beating on a walker with the butt of her gun. Tyreese quickly placed his hand over her mouth as her scream was muffled.

" It's me. It's me."

" Tyreese." She breathed, looking over his shoulder for the rest of us." He's getting away."

My heart leaped," Who ?" I questioned.

" Somebody was watching us."

" If we go in there now, some of us aren't coming back," Tyreese said, looking towards the dark woods ahead.

" Bob is out there somewhere. Scared, alone."

" Maybe not alone." I said, noticing her worried face." Daryl and Carol are missing too."

The worry increased, and she shook her head," We have to find them. Come on! " Sasha yelled, starting to run back to the Church.

Sasha was the first to the wall in glaring towards Gabriel. The man was busy with the fork's to even notice her glare.

" Stop." Sasha sneered, causing the man to look up confused." What are you doing? This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone."

Gabriel spared us a glance wanting us to help him, but none of us dared to move." I...I don't ...I don't have anything to do with this." He whimpered.

Sasha pulled out her knife in seconds, causing Rosita to step forward." Wait ! " she cried out, but Abraham held her back.

" Who's out there ?" Sasha asked, moving up towards Gabriel.

He placed his hands up in defense," I..I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha didn't like the response and gripped him," Where are our people ?!" She screamed.

" Please, I don't have anything to do with this."

" Why did you bring us here ?" I asked, watching Tyreese and Dad slowly pull Sasha away from Gabriel." You working with someone ?"

Gabriel turned to me, turning a bit pale by the minute." I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone."