Chapter Forty Seven: Coda

┏━━━━━━ Jennifer's pov ━━━━━━┓

My legs burned by the amount of running I was doing. Rick and I were running at the speed of light, seeing one of our hostages run loose while we were in the car talking. Bob Lamson was running away from us after saying he would help us get back the people we cared about most. Rick was panting next to me, and I was no better, but the thought of losing my daughter kept me from giving up or taking a break.

Everything in the last two days happened in a flash. One minute we were fighting Gareth's group, and the next minute Carl came rushing in the church, telling me Kayla had been kidnapped. It was a miracle Daryl walked in a minute after and explained the people that took Kayla were the same people that took Carol and Beth. Up ahead of us stood a walker with its skin quite literally becoming apart of its bones.

It turned hoping to get a bit from us, but Rick quickly slashed its stomach open to slow it down. The plan was going south right now. With the help of our new group member, Noah, we planned to kidnap three of the officers to bargain for Kayla, Carol, and Beth. Our only problem was the one running away from us after injuring Sasha. We ran into an opening seeing a police car with its door open and no Lamson.

" Get in," Rick growled, and I nodded quickly, running to the other side of the vehicle.

Rick found the keys on the floor and quickly started up the car before hitting the gas as hard as he could to catch up to Lamson. I promptly held onto the car's dashboard, hoping we would find Lamson and catch him before he went to Dawn and spoiled the plan of getting the others. We passed a horde after something, but my mind was at ease, seeing ahead of us was Lamson running away like a coward. Rick went to get the radio and hit the button, indicating Lamson we would catch him.

" Stop. Stop right now. Stop. I won't ask again." Rick warned, but the man did not stop running.

" Hit him." I sneered, watching Rick rev on the gas pedal and hit Lamson.

The man flew into the air for several seconds before meeting the concrete ground again in pain. I knew for a fact Lamson either had a broken back, head, or neck from the impact. Serves him right for hitting my daughter in a car if you ask me. Rick stopped the vehicle, and we both got out the same time, hearing Lamson cries for us to help him.

" Help me. You crazy...you crazy son of a bitch. I think you...I think you broke my back."

" Didn't have to be like this," Rick answered, towering over Lamson.

" You just had to stop." I finished watching the man gasp for air.

" I couldn't. I don't know you." Lamson breathed. I watched Rick go on one knee getting closer." But I think... I think I'm getting an idea."

" You just had to stop."

" Take me back. Take me back to the hospital." Lamson pleaded, hearing the walker horde passed by coming closer. "I did it for your friend. You're daughter."

A glare made it's way to my eyes, and I kicked Lamson across the face watching his blood fly around." Not after this, no." I snapped." You hit her with a car on purpose so she can be your slave. He hit you cause you stopping us from getting her back. Can't go back, Bob."

" I was going to iron it over. She's under it, and you've been out here too long." Lamson's words caused both Rick and I to take our guns out and point it at him.

" You'll die...Your daughter will-" Lamson said, but I pulled the trigger first, silencing the man.

" Shut up." Rick spat to the dead man before we both got to the car and drove back to the building holding the other group members.