Chapter Forty Two: A

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

Two weeks later

Dad, Carl, Michonne, and I sat in the middle of the woods cooking food. I listened as the woods insects were pretty loud. It reminded me of back in the Atlanta Camp when Lori, Shane, and I went hunting one time. I would always be considerate of the sounds rather than my surroundings. If it wasn't for the world, I would probably own a house near the woods just to hear it every day.

" How hungry are you on a scale of one to 10 ?" Dad asked, staring at the can of corn on the fire.

" 15," Carl answered.

" 25," I replied before glancing over to Michonne.

" 28."

" Yeah." Dad laughed, pouring the corn evenly into the cups we had found." Well, it's been a while. I'm gonna go check the snares."

" Can I go with you ?" Carl asked, taking his stick away from the fire and blowing it out.

" Well, how else are you gonna learn ?" He said, smiling down at Carl. I got up, also figuring the two would need back up noticing Dad eyeing Michonne." Hey, you, too."

She rolled her eyes with a smile, slowly getting up and grabbing her sword. I grabbed my gun, following Dad deeper into the woods noticing Carl by my side, which was more than usual. I noticed lately he would always sleep next to me or sit anywhere I was. I didn't blame him because I needed someone too. I needed to know I wasn't alone in this world.

Dad turned to us, and I smiled." We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest."

I nodded my head, knowing it was best for us all. We didn't want to go to Terminus drained and weak with past injuries. The only mark I had from the prison was my slightly open stab wound. Michonne stitched it, but if I made one wrong move, a little piece would open, and I'll bleed a little.

" Finish healing up ?" Michonne questioned, and Dad nodded.

" I'm almost there," Dad replied, giving a small smile.

Within the weeks, he had healed to almost be the same person before the prison had fallen. I could see the tinted bruise or the small little scars.

Carl looked over to me, moving his hat up a bit to meet my gaze." We're close now, right ?"

" To Terminus? We are."

" When we get there, are we gonna tell them ?" Carl asked nervously.

" Tell them what ?" Michonne asked, and Carl slowed down a bit.

" Everything that's happened to us. All the stuff we've done. Are we gonna tell them the truth ?" Carl asked as I thought for a minute.

How do you tell people what happen to us? There was so much to go off of, and recently the biggest one was losing everyone we know.

" We're gonna tell them who we are."

" But how do you say that? I mean..." I trailed off, looking to Dad for answers." We just say it, and they judge. Just don't care what they think ?"

" Who are we? " Carl furthered questioned, but the sound of walkers snarling got out attention.

What caught my attention was how many there were. Exactly four. One for each of us. Michonne got her katana while I got my knife. Carl got his gun, and so did Dad. With that, I stabbed the female walker in front of me as two gunshots went off and a slicing sound.

" There you go," Dad said, walking passed us and to the snare. I walked a bit over to see it was a rabbit caught in the line big enough to feed two people, but I know we could make due." It's a small one. It'll do."